Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 23

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Arry likes this.
  2. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

If you're not making overnight oats and giving yourself a nutritious treat while saving time every morning, it's time to step up your game.

3. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

[​IMG]

over the weekend, my gf and i made vegan lasagna with fresh pasta sheets and homemade sauce. it has zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, kite hill's ricotta and a shitton of nutritional yeast. i added sausage and the kraft powder parm because i am trash

4. Arry

guys... this is the future.

[​IMG]

5. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Acme near me started carrying a couple different brands of oat milk recently. I’m really excited to get into that scene

6. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Vegans. Fat vegans everywhere.

7. Lol 65% of my diet is vegan junk food

Arry, sonder and PandaBear! like this.
  8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

We're only hurting ourselves, not the animals :eh:

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

The amount of vegan brownies I have eaten the past 2 days has certainly bordered on harmful lol

sonder and Arry like this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Haven’t been on the site as much due to work and life in general. I picked up this book recently and started making a lot of my shit from scratch and re-using stuff to minimize waste. Making my own milk has been sick. Trying to get my self to a point that when I buy my house I can grow a lot of what I eat and kinda minimize what I need from a grocery store. Here’s the link to the book that’s gotten my gears turning.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1607746778/?tag=absolutepunk-20

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It's really annoying when you tell a restaurant you don't want the sauce and they still put it in

Arry likes this.
  12. Arry

god this happened to us yesterday. we went to habit burger grill to try out their vegan burger, and the lady at the counter asked if we wanted to cheese. we said no to cheese twice, and surprise! there was cheese on the burger. we couldn't go back because we took it to-go :(

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That's terrible, hope you let them know and they made it up to you.

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No evil is pretty dang good

summertimejesus likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Buying shoes is like 100x harder when you're trying to avoid animal products

sonder likes this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I know Nike isn’t a perfect company, but they list their materials on each shoe on their website. A lot of their lines don’t use animal products, actually. I forget the name of their imitation leather though. The Nike air max line, the Nike frees, and many others are animal free.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I really like Keep Company shoes I have. Chino kind of style And waterproof

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

So

Violife cheese is maybe the best cheese alternative I have ever had

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I ordered a vegan burger recently that came with a side salad that had bacon bits in it. Realllllly annoying.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  20. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Full disclosure: I'm not really a vegan. As of October, I don't eat meat or dairy products, but I do eat fish and honey. Eggs, too, but only if I know where they're from; fortunately, a small farm near me has a delivery service.

On another related note, I bought a beer the other day that I loved. After some research, it turns out that it's made with lactose even though they don't list it on the label (apparently because it's not considered an allergen, they don't have to mention ti). I took the opportunity this afternoon to call that out in my store's newsletter because I think that's shitty. Especially because the brewery (Zero Gravity) is based in Burlington, VT, which like...probably has a wholeeeee lotta vegans.

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

For some piece of mind/fun fact, some brands of bacon bits contain no pork/animal products, so they’re (unintentionally?) vegan.

22. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Really????

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

Lol ya, at least McCormick and Betty Crocker brands were last I knew. They’re basically just TVP and liquid smoke.

24. Hey all, my friend and I are heading to the USA soon and looking for any recommendations of good vegan restaurants/markets etc. We'll be visiting New York, Washington, Portland, San Fran, San Diego and LA. Thanks in advance!

25. chris

Trusted Supporter

Portland: Homegrown Smoker

Arry likes this.