Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 22

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That's garbage. I luckily haven't had that happen to me. Just the thing where you find out after the fact that something is made with fat

Arry and popdisaster00 like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have always had absolute worst luck getting meat in my food. I won't eat anything without investigating it first and I unwrap all my burritos. I'm constantly picking out little pieces. I swear to God it finds its way on my plate every time. I could be dining at Morrisseys house and somehow a piece of meat would still make its way in my food.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Happy World Vegan Day! It was technically yesterday but still!

Arry likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Just ate at Loving Hut for the first time and it was pretty good! They had a buffet out so I filled up on vegan Chinese food

I did want to try their Hawaiian burger though

Arry, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Kiana like this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

Y’all should read the Wikipedia entry on the founder of Loving Hut and look up Supreme Master Television. It’s wild

Also I bought Upton’s brand seitan chunks for the first time. Sliced them thin and sautéed it with peppers and onions to make a “steak” sandwich and it’s so damn good

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. ChaseTx

I haven't read up on it but I've heard a little about it on Doughboys

I did like the veg celebrity pictures on the wall, you learn something everyday

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

[​IMG]

we found this at our grocery store and wow, what a mindfuck. it was liquid but once you cook it, it firms up like eggs. taste was okay not terrible but i think it would be great if you mixed it with a lot of other veggies like an omelette. don't think it was worth the 9 dollars for a bottle but really cool too see vegan options expand.

we're going to try to use it in a pumpkin pie and see how it firms up in baking.

8. jmitch0906

Quorn

Their mayo is great.

Arry likes this.
  9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Follow Your Heart makes vegan egg that comes in a powder (sold in a carton)! you add a little water and fry it up like eggs. My partner has been adding pressed tofu and other spices to it to make it taste better (black salt especially makes it taste eggy/tumeric/pepper) and I've gotta say its reeeeeeally good.

Arry likes this.
  10. Arry

ooo i've always wanted to try that! follow your heart makes great cheeses

11. chris

Trusted Supporter

I need to revisit the follow your heart vegan egg, that pre-cooked powder+water mixture smells like a big dish of farts lol. I've had some success baking with it though

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

definitely benefits from being doctored some

chris likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

15. Arry

yum!!! we're doing a vegan shepard's pie for our main course. will def try this mac and cheese, i haven't found any that came close to PDX's homegrown smoker's mac and cheese

16. Stopped at white castle last night expecting to order their standard veggie slider and learned that this one was carrying impossible burgers. it was awesome

BKO5950505 likes this.
  17. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I did that when I randomly drove through Indiana coming home from a work conference, and, can confirm, that was awesome as well haha. My home state, at least my side of it, doesn't have White Castle.

18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Store here finally got vegan butter and things are getting real

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Arry and sonder like this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, that's a little bit surprising and even though that place stinks I'm glad people are getting more options

summertimejesus likes this.
  21. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Aldi has a lot of great new stuff for good price. The cashier said though it’s seasonal. They have brownie batter dessert hummus y’all.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

every day we stray further from God's light

jmitch0906 likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I never wanna have dessert hummus again after last time

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Philll

Trusted

Turns out Hellman's vegan mayo is indistinguishable from real mayo, so thats one more easy switch.

popdisaster00, Arry, sonder and 3 others like this.