Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. sickfromthemirror

512VSXE

I can't stand coffee with any alternative other than soy tbh, it also is the most natural to steam. Oh well. My favorite milk to drink straight tho is Rice Dream (rice based!) if you can find it

skogsraet likes this.
  2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m allergic to soy milk so I usually go almond. I like coconut milk too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I tried almond milk in my matcha the other day and I really didn't like it, I think I like it better without any milk. I'll try it with oat milk too but I don't know that it'll sway me.

4. chris Jul 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2018)
    chris

Trusted Supporter

when I worked as a barista I would steep yerba mate in hemp milk (a yerba latte??) and it was :ok::ok::ok::ok:

edit: steamed hemp milk

sickfromthemirror likes this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That sounds really good

6. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I figured it'd be worth mentioning here that if any of you pass through the Albany, NY area, there's a pizzeria I very highly recommend that specializes in vegan food called Little Anthony's. They do have regular pizza and snacks as well, but they have vegan versions of basically everything you can think of. I can personally recommend the vegan buffalo chicken calzone and the vegan garlic mozzarella bread.

Here's their menu:
    Little Anthony's

sonder, skogsraet and summertimejesus like this.
  7. Philll

Trusted

Enjoying my vegan week so far.

Are there any ingredients I might find in processed food that are surprisingly not vegan? Any animal products that go by deceptive names?

8. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

"Dairy-free cheese" that has casein in it. Also, you really have to look for honey since it isn't listed as an allergen. Gelatin gets stuck in random stuff, but you probably know that one. Shellac and lecithin (if not soy lecithin) in candies. That's all I've got off the top of my head.

Gotta share this awesome recipe my gf and I made last night for dinner: Zucchini and Grilled Corn Salad

Philll, skogsraet and popdisaster00 like this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ngl I found out they sell Beyond burgers in the town 50 min away and I'm considering going just to stock up

Arry, sonder, Supernova and 3 others like this.
  11. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

That burger is so damn good. I've usually made it with Dave's Killer bread, avocado slices, beat slices, BBQ sauce, and sometimes nutritional yeast/vegan cheese. I haven't tried with with anything else since I like it so much.

summertimejesus likes this.
  12. satelliteskin

ok

Haven't been on chorus for a hot second but wow thankful I'm back and found this thread. I've been working on transitioning to a plant-based diet over the last few months — started off pescetarian (and also was nearly dairy free) earlier this year and as of ~2 months ago have since eliminated all animal products completely.

Hoping that having transitioned over the course of a few months will help me stick with it for the long-term but I guess we'll see lol. Any tips would be great!!

13. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I finally tried it the other day and thought it was pretty good. It's been over 7 years since eating meat, but it reminded me of what I think turkey burgers tasted like...what do you think? lol I can't tell if I'm just making it up since it's been so long.

Supernova likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I had it at Alamo Drafthouse and it was great. Wish it wasn't $15 but I guess it's an occasional thing anyway

15. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

our freezer is stocked with pierogies because my gf found a vegan brand that delivers and she has been eating them with sour cream (follow your heart brand) and faux bacon bits for an entire week. im pretty sure she has a problem

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I fail to see the problem here

summertimejesus and skogsraet like this.
  17. Arry

18. Kiana

$15?!?!

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

she's eating fake bacon

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

why am i in this thread?

20. ChaseTx

Yeah but at least it came with fries. I had the Impossible Burger at another chain and it was $14 for the burger alone

21. Kiana

Dang. I got the beyond burger and a drink and fries for $10

summertimejesus and ChaseTx like this.
  22. Supernova

Yeah I think I would compare it closer to a turkey burger than beef.

23. ChaseTx

I thought it was beeflike on first impression.

Guess I'll think more about it when I finally try my local vegan diner's Big Mac impersonator

24. Supernova

Me and the wife both ordered a solo size pizza last night while on vacation so we can eat the way we each want to(me vegan, her not). 10 mins after we order she says “I’m surprised you didn’t say no-cheese”.

Me: “............... I forgot.”

I just ate it anyway without fuss. Man though it was delicious.

25. Arry

my gf is still obsessed with her vegan pierogies. she ordered 5 more packs of it two days ago and the owner actually called her and asked how she found out about it and offered her sauerkraut pierogies to try. it was so sweet of him.

Pierogies Factory

if anyone wants to try pierogies!

summertimejesus and chris like this.