Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Was thinking about Purely Decadent the other day and wish I could still find it! I think they may have merged into So Delicious.

I like the Nada Moo ice cream! Whole Foods just came out with their own line of almond milk ice creams and I'm wondering how they are!

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  2. EarthShifts

Trusted

My wife and I went to a place in Hudson, MA over the weekend that had vegan ice cream. It was easily the smoothest vegan ice cream I’ve ever had and I enjoyed it overall, but the after taste of coconut was a little much for me.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  3. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

It’s too good for how cheap it is...dangerous.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Ben & Jerry’s > Breyers > So Delicious

Ben & Jerry’s is indistinguishable from non vegan ice cream imo, Breyers is good but their flavor selection isn’t great, So Delicious has an odd coconut milk flavor, even in their cashew milk based line, but it’s still good, literally bought some yesterday

summertimejesus likes this.
  5. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

do they sell breyers non dairy on the west coast?? we can never find it

also, going camping this weekend. what should I make? I'm looking up pasta salads, maybe some veggie kebabs. any other thoughts? fave grilling items?

EarthShifts likes this.
  6. EarthShifts

Trusted

I just christened my new grill last night. I like marinating tofu and then grilling it. Also love grilling avocados.

summertimejesus and Arry like this.
  7. Arry

oooo will try grilling avocados

summertimejesus and EarthShifts like this.
  8. EarthShifts

Trusted

I’ll be honest, I’m not exactly sure what it is about it, but they always come out real good. I usually just brush a little oil on it and you can season with whatever you like.

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

There are vegan sausages you could take. Those are sometimes good but I can't tell you which ones

10. Arry

you could probably drop an avocado on the floor and i'd still eat it. i love avocados

11. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Ughhhh I miss good avocados so much! They are way less tasty out here in NYC :-/

You can also grill watermelon/pineapple/peaches!

As for veggie sausages, I love Tofurky and Field Roast!

Arry and EarthShifts like this.
  12. EarthShifts

Trusted

Grilled watermelon! Yes. I love doing that too. I have some pineapple balsamic that I’ll brush on it and it comes out really nice.

13. Philll

Trusted

Tamarind sauce is killer with grilled watermelon if you can get hold of it.

14. I’ve never grilled tofu but probably will try this summer

15. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

whoaaa

16. Arry

we made grilled pineapple, pasta salad using just mayo brand (which was bombbb can't even taste the difference), and those lightlife vegan hot dogs. the outside texture had a weird plastic-y casing but the inside was good. we thought the chewy hard casing was because we put them on a fire so we might try boiling them next time. or try a different brand. they were sold out of the field roast :(

17. Here’s a buzzfeed video on our vegan butchershop

18. First grill night of the season: brats and veggie skewers

Arry, sonder, summertimejesus and 3 others like this.
  19. Philll

Trusted

Challenging myself to a vegan week this coming week. Looking forward to it, stocked up on coconut milk and whatnot.

20. Philll

Trusted

Coconut is my favourite of the three - it's the only one I can tolerate in coffee. Almond is great on breakfast cereal, soy is... fine? I only tend to use milk in hot drinks and cereal on a day to day basis, I haven't really tried cooking/baking with any of them, gonna have to try a few things out.

Hemp milk is good, but expensive and less available.

skogsraet likes this.
  21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Oat milk rules too btw, though I only use it on cereal.

Philll likes this.
  22. chris

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t tried oat milk yet, but coconut is the only one I like in coffee also. Otherwise I don’t really like it except to cook with

23. Vanilla almond milk on cereal for me

mercury, skogsraet and tyramail like this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate when recipes call for vegan alternatives like vegan store bought shredded cheese and butter and stuff cause I don't have access to that in my town and also its pricey. Like when people claim veganism is expensive I feel like they're referencing that stuff, but I dont eat that stuff and my grocery bill is cheaper than ever. But when a recipe looks amazing and it is full of that alternative stuff I'm like nooo I haaate you!!

ChaseTx, Essie, PeacefulOrca and 5 others like this.
  25. sickfromthemirror

512VSXE

wow i'm so glad there's a vegan thread! tbh just came thru to say that. LOL = lot's of love :-)