Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vegan • Page 10

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Michael Schmidt, May 24, 2016.

1. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

lol that's just in bad taste, wtf arbys

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Those Gardein chicken fingers taste like the real thing.

scott and popdisaster00 like this.
  3. Hell yes!

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally tried a beyond meat burger, the kind people were crazed about months ago. It was good but nothing special.

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't usually like crumbles but these are kind of good

[​IMG]

6. I think those are cool if you’re trying to find something that’s a close replica to a beef burger. But these days I’d rather go with an actual veggie or black bean burger anyway

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve wanted to try those to throw in spaghetti or chili.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it tastes more like chickpeas than beef lol

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I had the chipotle one in a taco recently, it was good stuff. It's nice that there are crumbles that actually have flavor for once

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I had the Impossible Burger a couple days ago. It's good and actually pretty close to meat, but it felt kind of weird eating it

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  11. anthony

Arry likes this.
  12. anthony

I cant decide if ill eat the impossible burger or not. I'm bummed they did animal testing. but im also a fatty. So im torn.

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a huge fan of the Beyond Meat burger. A few places around here have begun serving the Impossible burger so maybe I'll give that a shot.

but also I think black bean burgers are the pinnacle of a veggie burger, so maybe these wild substitutes just aren't for me haha

14. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

yeeeeeesss! make that pasta recipe every Thanksgiving now. I love the Buddha bowl recipes from her especially.

Arry likes this.
  15. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

have you tried the "beast burger"? idk if I want to try the Beyond Meat burger...maybe a little too realistic for me haha.

16. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the beast burger was pretty good, plus they made those sliders which were cool. The Beyond Meat burger is good and all but, at least from my experience, get ready to have that taste in your mouth for like the rest of the day haha

sonder likes this.
  17. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

haha good to know.

18. Arry

[​IMG]

um i just had to share. we went to portland and we stop here every single time. best mac and cheese in the world. my gf had their special breakfast sandwich which was smoked tofu vegg, hyam seitan, follow your heart cheddar, tomato, raw greens, chipotle aioli & nocheese sauce. i had the chopped beif sandwich with bbq sauce and crispy onions. im ded yall

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Do any of you have any experience cutting and preparing jackfruit? Making mock bbq pork tonight and I’m really excited/kind of nervous haha

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

Homegrown Smoker is the greatest place on earth and them relocating to St. Johns around the same time I moved to North Portland has been the worst/best thing that has ever happened to me

Arry likes this.
  21. I've always just bought it canned. Buying a fresh jackfruit and cutting it up seems intense!

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah haha I went to the Korean grocery store near me and they had them at the front so I figured I’d give it a go. Reading up on them now it sounds like a chore with all the latex haha. Hopefully the results are worth the effort!

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I'm anxious about getting the canned version and fucking it up. Trying to prepare a fresh one might actually kill me lol

24. Arry

so jealous. Seattle only has a small fraction of vegan options compared to pdx. every time we visit, we always want to try some place new but we always just end up at homegrown smoker. so if you have any suggestions, we're so down!

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

We went to two vegan places in Austin. One was like a comfort food cafe called Counter Culture that was decent. I had a buffalo cauliflower pizza on gluten free flat bread and it was just a bit disappointing because it was nothing like pizza tbh. Everything Kaitie got was pretty good though.

There other place was a food truck called Arlo's that had burgers and seitan "chicken" sandwiches and it was real good