Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

VEEP (HBO) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

2. Morrissey

Trusted

He could be the tiebreaker in a deadlocked state decision, but New Hampshire only has two representatives, so it is a little weird anyway. Florida has 27 representatives, so if we had a 13-13 split that one election would matter in the way the show portrayed. My guess is that in the world of Veep the other representative was going to vote for Selina but if the other candidate had won it would be deadlocked. The show plays loose with the partisan makeup of U.S. politics, though. I assume Selina is a Democrat but the states she wins and loses are all over the place.

3. Best comedy on tv.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

"The first president to pee sitting down since FDR"

Holy shit hahahaha

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well what the fuck is next season gonna be about?

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

She actually won the presidency, so I'm sure something major will go down. I'd watch an entire season of congressional hearings of them sorting it out if the Jonad Files episode is any indication.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh shit...I totally dismissed that line from The Eagle as a throwaway, but now that I think about it, it really is the only way back in.

I feel like this season was more overtly joke-y in a sitcom kind of way, but it actually worked really well and kept the show from getting stale.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

9. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Huh, strange.

10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Not sure how I feel about that but I trust the show.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Had my doubts about Iannucci leaving but the season ended up being fantastic anyway. The premise for next season could be a pretty big shift but I have faith this will continue to be one of the best comedies on TV.

12. alex

notgonz Prestigious

Mike fucking carrying around a 6yr old Chinese girl like that, Jesus Christ.

I'm most curious as to how they're going to keep the rest of the characters connected. Obviously Gary will follow Selena to the end of the earth, but everyone else seems so up in the air

marceting likes this.
  13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

My biggest worry is that we won't get much Sue next season.

14. Craig Ismaili Jun 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 27, 2016)
    Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I don't get it. Wouldn't the House have to keep voting until the tie was broken? You can't just continue to have an acting President Vice President in perpetuity for 4 years while the President isn't decided by the House. That makes no sense. Like its a cool idea to structure the season around that in theory, but even if Tom had won the Senate vote he would still only be Acting President until they could decide on the president in the House

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I have a feeling the show doesn't actually understand the 12th amendment at all even though they built an entire season around the intricacies of it.

16. devenstonow

Noobie

I thought Selina was gonna become a brother based off her questioning of where Montez is from

17. Morrissey

Trusted

They are just ignoring the things that do not fit the narrative.

What is more annoying is the way they pretended to be anxiously waiting for the Senate vote. No Senator who voted against their party would survive politically.

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean yes but like it's not just the narrative. It's the entire structure and future of the character that makes absolutely no sense in the universe the character exists in

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Gary's rant was the best.

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Season was probably my favorite of the series, hilarious front to back. I'll admit the end with the senate vote kinda dragged with the realistic criticisms of what everyone else has said. Not sure what to make of next season.

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I wonder how the rest of the characters will fit in with Selina's post-president life.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently there's an "extended" version of the finale. Anyone know anything about that?

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

"That child has the head circumference of a six year old"

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. Trotsky

Trusted

I finally saw the finally.

That is about as bold a plot decision as I have ever seen on television. It seemed so obvious that she would return to the VP and unforeseeable that she'd miss out on office altogether. It's too bad, because I was looking forward to the dynamic of her having to be subservient to Tom.

Also, equally surprised how empty this thread is-- this show has been brilliant and I would think it would have a bigger following.

25. Trotsky

Trusted

Kent and Ben are the two funniest characters to me, especially combined. To keep them near the center of the story would seem contrived, so I'm not optimistic.