Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

VEEP (HBO) TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

"Jonah, you like to have sex AND you like to travel?
    "...yes ma'am."
    "Then you can fuck off!"

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

"Look at that pile of elbows"

i'm dying here:crylaugh:

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"I will destroy you in ways that are so creative they will honor me for it at the Kennedy Center" remains close to my favorite line ever from this show

David87 likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That one, the "first president to pee sitting down since FDR" and "If Mohamed Atta had you people booking his travel, he’d still be alive today. Which from his perspective would be a massive fuck-up!" are def up there

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The FDR one is the one that lives in my head most after the Jonad Files

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken, StepsInADance and I Am Mick like this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

looking for a new show to watch, is this worth starting?

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

If you like the absurdity of politics, then yes

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yes. And stick with it for a bit, I think it gets funnier every season

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Garrett, Ken and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  11. Yes

12. JoshIsMediocre and David87 like this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

Seasons 2 and 3 are the best. It dips near the end but comes back strong in the final season.

14. bedwettingcosmo

first episode was great.

15. bedwettingcosmo

only 3 episodes in and already have had so many side splitting moments. big parks & rec energy. i love this.

16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Glad you’re enjoying it, but it’s like the opposite of parks and rec lol

OotyPa and I Am Mick like this.
  17. bedwettingcosmo

i'm mid season 5 where they are flip flopping on counting every colorado vote and then stopping the count. just finished the episode where selina's mom dies. my first impression was so off lol.

i think my favorite scene so far is when greg and amy are in colorado at a bar on the brink of hooking up. amy leaves to her room and dan ends up hooking up with her sister because he thinks she works at cbs instead of cvs. the ending with amy sending ben "you up?" texts thinking it was dan had me dying.

the rural juror and David87 like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve been rewatching, and I got to season 7 and I forgot how they just went all in and over the top on everything. Took it to absurd levels and yet it still worked. Also forgot this line: “Ma’am, you’re gonna be drowning in money so dark, it could get shot entering its own apartment”:skull:

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Seasons 1-5 is some of the funniest stuff I’ve seen on television. Made it two episodes into season six and had to stop because of the massive drop off. I’ll get back to it at some point because I’ve heard season seven is worth it, but I’m in no rush.

20. Morrissey

Trusted

There was definitely a drop-off when they changed showrunners, but the last season really swung back.

Ken likes this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’m watching through this for the first time now and midway through the final season. I never felt any drop-off, though the last season is particularly Trumpy and a bit hard to watch for that reason. But it’s still been a downright hilarious journey. Maybe one of the funniest out there.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Once I realized what they were doing with China and the trump/russia thing I was dying. That whole scene where they realize what's being offered go into the office to NOT talk about it i was LMAO

23. bedwettingcosmo

oh my god, the scene where jonah is campaigning at the bowling alley and him berating patton oswald gets clipped as him yelling at the girl with down syndrome. :scream::crylaugh:

OotyPa and David87 like this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

halfway through season 6

richard splett agreeing to be catherine and marjorie's surrogate and never having masturbated before was genius. "how will i know when im done?"

did not like his character at all when he first got introduced but he's become one of the funniest characters in the show.

OotyPa and David87 like this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Finished this a little while ago and keep thinking about it. Def one of the all-time funniest.

David87 and bedwettingcosmo like this.