Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vanna - All Good Things Must Come To And End Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 28, 2017.

1. kidinthebushes Apr 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

6/09 - Providence, RI @ The Met (w/ Lions Lions, Ghost Key, Actor Observer, Unwill)
    6/10 - Hartford, CD @ Webster Underground (w/ Lions Lions, Ghost Key, Actor Observer, Unwill)
    6/11 - Albany, NY @ Fuzebox (w/ Lions Lions, Ghost Key, Actor Observer, Unwill)

6/15 - Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall (w/ Sirens & Sailors, Ghost Key, Crisis A.D.)
    6/16 - Philadelphia, PA @ Voltage Lounge (w/ Sirens & Sailors, Ghost Key, Crisis A.D.)
    6/17 - Howell, NJ @ GameChanger World (w/ Sirens & Sailors, Ghost Key, Crisis A.D.)
    6/18 - Amityville, NY @ Amityville Music Hall (w/ Sirens & Sailors, Ghost Key, Crisis A.D.)

8/09 - Toronto, ON @ Hard Luck Bar (w/ Phinehas, Ghost Key, Backwordz)
    8/10 - Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot (The Pike Room) (w/ Phinehas, Ghost Key, Backwordz)
    8/11 - Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen (w/ Phinehas, Ghost Key, Backwordz)
    8/12 - Columbus, OH @ Double Happiness (w/ Phinehas, Ghost Key, Backwordz)

8/18 - Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall (w/ Special Guest, Ghost Key, Backwordz)
    8/19 - Dallas, TX @ Dirty 30 (w/ Special Guest, Ghost Key, Backwordz)
    8/20 - Austin, TX @ Come And Take It Live (w/ Special Guest, Ghost Key, Backwordz)

2. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Weirdest thing about this to me is that they're playing their hometown (Boston) on the 1st leg. Makes me wonder if they'll do a final show in Massachusetts after the 2nd leg is over.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

VIP Package - $45.00
    • One (1) General Admission Ticket
    • Meet and Greet w/ Vanna
    • Photo Opp with Vanna
    • Acoustic Performance
    • Silk Screen Poster
    • VIP Laminate w/ Lanyard
    • VIP T-Shirt
    • Limited Edition Enamel Pin
    • Early Entry
    • Crowd Free Merchandise Shopping

suicidesaints likes this.
  4. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Palladium show added and have that be their final show.

marsvoltamcr likes this.
  5. michael_gatto

Trusted

6/15 - 6/18 is Crisis A.D. opening not Backwordz

This is a major bummer but it sort of makes sense. Will be sad to see them go.

tyramail and kidinthebushes like this.
  6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Not gonna lie, this and letlive. in one day is a little rough...

sr6171 and TylerDrumming like this.
  7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Bummed there is no west coast.

GEM37 likes this.
  8. Chuck!

Regular

I'll be at Philly. Hope they play some old stuff

michael_gatto likes this.
  9. michael_gatto

Trusted

See you there.

Also, my thoughts exactly. I'm very curious to see what kind of set they roll out for this.

10. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I gotta check back in again, because it really didn't sink in for me until I was going to bed last night just how important Vanna was for me.

I haven't cared for much of their new stuff, but the original version of "Dead Language" was the first hardcore song I felt I ever got. It was on the 2006 Warped Tour comp, and I used to get super annoyed with any song with screaming in it. But Vanna were the first band where I realized that if I stopped expecting sunny pop-punk melodies on every track, and could take a song on its own terms, that the riffage was actually badass, and that screaming was just another way of expressing emotion. I bought the Search Party EP shortly afterwards and fell in love with it.

But perhaps more importantly, they recorded "Into Hell's Mouth We March." At the end of my freshman year of college, I fell suddenly and very quickly into a deep, dark depression. I am still sort of surprised that I didn't end up committing suicide, because I thought about it most days. I was in a lot of pain. "Hell's Mouth" didn't take away that pain, but it did give me strength to keep pushing forward. The bridge of "Keep Moving!" and the earnest refrain of "Will hope be all we have left?" ...That was honestly how I felt during that time. I don't know why I feel it's cheesy to say that this song saved my life, because if I'm being honest with myself, it kinda did.

I'm bummed that I will probably never get the chance to see this song live, but I am grateful that I got to see them twice, and to tell Davey in person just how important that song was to me.

Thank you, Vanna. For being there at exactly the right time.

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

$45 for the VIP is a great deal. i wasn't too into the last couple albums but i do wish they came closer to me. great band.

12. holdyourarrows

[​IMG]

I just made a post about this on Instagram, but I'm pretty bummed about this. I've been seeing these guys since 2006, they were one of those bands that me and my friends would always go to see and just have a genuinely good time at. I've been listening to them a little less since they're newer stuff has come out but it's sad to see them come to an end. I'm also pretty upset I live in Florida now instead of Maine/MA, so I don't think I'll be seeing them for a last time :(

kidinthebushes likes this.
  13. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

14. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I was at their Chain Reaction show last year and there were maybe 100 people in a 300 cap room.

You can't blame it on lack of passion from the fans - there were like two rows at the front of the stage and people still stage dove. But I wouldn't be surprised if such a small turnout on a headlining show is part of why they're hanging it up.

15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Yeah. They never had a major turnout in NYC, either. I recall them playing in front of 50 people inside Gramercy Theatre a few years ago. I believe it was a headliner, too.

16. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Somebody told Davey a song he didn't write on an album he had nothing to do with was so important to them? Hah

Interesting

Everything aside this band hasn't been good for a while, everything after a new hope really. But a new hope, curses and the search party will always get the occasional play from me...might go to one of their "last shows"

17. GEM37

She haunts the roads

You think I'm unaware that he didn't write the song? He is part of the band, and therefore represents their body of work, including the songs that are most important to me. I had the opportunity to tell him my story, and he was gracious enough to listen and to say he was glad the band found me when I needed it.

Go be a condescending prick somewhere else.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  18. Chuck!

Regular

Setlist?

19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

js977 and Chuck! like this.
  20. Chuck!

Regular

21. michael_gatto

Trusted

Was expecting maybe Dead Language, was also expecting a slightly longer setlist considering it's their final tour and all, but still pretty excited regardless.

kman22 likes this.
  22. Pats12Sox34

Regular

Setlist was very Meh, Biggest crowd reactions at the Met were Safe to Say, I Am the Wind You are the Feather, We ate the horse Most of us expected Dead Language and a bunch of people started exiting when the last song was Flower
    This band dragged on way too long, I had honestly forgot they even put out ATCBB.

23. Chuck!

Regular

So is their clean vocalist/guitarist even doing this tour? Thought I saw some pics without him

24. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I don't know why they stopped playing Safe to Say for the last couple years. Glad to see it on the setlist for their final tour.

25. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That'd be odd. I wonder who would be doing the cleans if he wasn't there. I can see Davey pulling those off.