Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vampire Weekend - Father Of The Bride (May 3, 2019) Album • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jan 17, 2019.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Seeing them tonight! V excited for it.

Maybevictor likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw them in Maryland tonight and it was an amazing show, they sound incredible live and they played 28 songs. They were on for 2 hours and 15 minutes!!

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I was there too, perfect night to be stoned and outside for a show. Where were your seats?

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Section 201 almost right in the middle of the pavilion. Awesome seats

What about you?

jkauf likes this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Nice, had GA pit tickets so I was pretty much in the middle and 20 feet from the stage.

tdlyon likes this.
  6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I missed out on the ball cap with the interchangeable velcro patch. So now I hate this record & them. Haha

7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh that's awesome, I'm sure I saw the back of your head at least a couple times lol

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I am absolutely mentally exhausted from work today and still have to drive almost two hours to this show so they better KILL IT.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away

Seeing them tomorrow. Not the biggest fan of the new record though I enjoy a handful of songs. Admittedly hoping for at least a few old songs.

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They play almost 30 songs, you’ll get some old ones haha

OotyPa likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Seeing the new songs live actually made the new album grow on me a lot

12. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

may have to become a VW tour groupie. tremendous show last night

Wharf Rat and Maybevictor like this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

After doing two nights in a row I almost decided to follow the tour for another night too

Wharf Rat and Dan Quinlan like this.
  14. Matt

What a show. And the opener, Christone Ingram, holy shit that was great

OotyPa and imthesheriff like this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

VW JAM BAND VW JAM BAND!!!!!!!!!!

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Matt likes this.
  17. Matt

Wow

18. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

19. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

This is still in serious aoty contention for mine. I think it drags a tad in the middle (my two least favourite songs might be Rich Man and My Mistake) but aside from that it's really great. Definitely the most I've ever connected with a VW album emotionally.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I love my mistake but skip rich man every time.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

announcement is they added a bunch of dates for next summer that are on their site
    Vampire Weekend

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

What an incredible show at MSG. They really leaned on the debut album but hit everything else too... it felt like we got every substantial song in their catalog (minus “Stranger” which made me sad). They sounded immaculate, and brought Steve Lacy our to cover “Dark Red” and do “Sunflower”. I really like this iteration of the live band (their guitar player’s energy!!!). I would like to see them cut down the number of songs to like 18 and really start stretching them more... when they leaned into the jam vibes it was truly special.

Might have had too many tequilas haha. I was singing “BLAKE’S. GOT A NEW FACE” the whole subway ride home.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

My show a week ago made me realize how fucking much I love Ya Hey. Probably in their top 5 songs imo

24. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

I really need to listen to this again, it’s been too long. I was all about it when it first dropped but haven’t really returned to it, but I think that’s just because I’ve mostly just been listening to hip hop lately. Gotta change that. Unbearably White is still the song of the year tho and gets stuck in my head all the time out of nowhere.

25. radiodead

Trusted

I burnt my copy out the first month it was out. So I’ve taken a couple month break. Probably time to come back to it because I miss it.