Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Valleyheart - Everyone I’ve Ever Loved (Rise Records, December 14, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kellan, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Agnosia is my favorite song of the year. I’ve played that track in particular about 100 times

Lucas27 likes this.
  2. Lucas27

Trusted

Psyched.

3. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Just wait to y’all hear the closer.

4. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

On Spotify!

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I got an advanced copy from the band earlier this week and you guys will not be disappointed. Prepare to add it to your EOTY lists.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is really great so far

7. Purposely hung around at my friend’s house long enough for this go up, got a half hour drive home right now that I’m gonna take reeeeal slow and listen to this

beachdude, Lucas27 and teebs41 like this.
  8. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Awesome. Favorites after the first listen are the two singles, plus Intangible Dream and Paradisum.

Lucas27 likes this.
  9. Lucas27

Trusted

I don’t know what else I expected after the first two songs, but this is a tougher listen than I anticipated it being. Reminds me of Come Now Sleep in a way.

First impression is it’s terrific but man. I’m drained. Last song made me weep.

Edit: I’m also an emotional wreck so...

10. This was really pretty. Some of it kinda bled together for me a bit, they’re really good at this sound but there wasn’t a ton of variety. That’s also kinda how I feel about Black Foxxes, who I coincidentally hear a lot of in this. We’ll see how that changes with more listens!

I really like this guy’s vocals. Maybe it’s just his melodies or something but I get a weirdly nostalgic feeling hearing him sing... can’t really put my finger on it. This bass player rips too, he stole my attention a lot during this first listen.

Outside of the prerelease tracks, my initial favorites are Drowned, Intangible, and Agnosia

K0ta likes this.
  11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This is my first time listening to anything by these guys and uh WOWW.

I feel the same. It's this almost dreamy, nostalgic driving around in my own head type of music.

Which is both some of my favorite music and also the music that crushes my soul so welp here we go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This first song rips. I'm intrigued. This is on Rise?

13. Yep!

14. Micah511

I think I like this. It falls somewhere around Nothing, Turnover, Teenage Wrist, and maybe some Citizen? I'm on Drowned in Living Waters and it is definitely a highlight.

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Gotta check this full thing later. I liked the songs I’ve heard.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  16. Lucas27

Trusted

Dissolve is something else. It reminds me a bit of Fourth of July lyrically. It also has the same placement on this album as that song does on Carrie & Lowell. I wonder if that was intentional. Super intense song.

17. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Some thoughts on this sucker that I can finally share since its out everywhere.

1) I can't sing Heaven and Hell without accidentally singing "I had a dream last night I saw Kenan & Kel"

2) I love the little Bruno Mars esq syncopated "I just sing it off" with the rhythm section in FITF. Also the breakdown (?) fuck

3) I love the final chorus of Crave. The buildup gets ya boi every time. "I wonder if we still could, in this crazy world where all we know is how were just getting by, chasing the fleeting spark of a comfort." FUCK

4) Love the little guitar riff when he sings "my tongue its in your mouth" I love the bass on this song too.

5) Maryland is the most hummable song on the entire record. If you don't catch yourself singing "Lets the stars come down all are bound to fade one day" then you're a damn heathen.

6) Dissolve is my favorite song on the record. Sounds like A Dangerous Summer song. The little drum fill at 3:34 is probably my favorite instrumental part on the record. So simple but so fulfilling.

7) I actually don't have much to say about Drowned In Living Water. Anyone can relate to the "this anxious fear I'll end up all alone".

8) Your Name is the prettiest song imho. Just everything about it. "That little boy that prayed, he didn't see a cloud that day". What symbolism.

9) The line "Now I hear the preacher he speaks from your screen, he sounds like an asshole, with words of prosperity" is my favorite quip in this entire album.

10) Love the comparison of smoking "spirits" and doing communion. Also love the callback to Heaven and Hell.

11) Man I love Jesus Loves Me. Love a good piano closer.

I fucking love this record.

Ness72, beachdude, m9tt and 2 others like this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

It's so cool how this album functions as a narrative. It goes from drinking and distractions (2-4), to death and loneliness (5-7), to religion and deconstruction (8-10). Then the first and last track bookend the album with an overarching perspective on all of that stuff. Love it, love it, love it.

19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I guess the overall theme of the album is a loose concept of losing faith, questioning the world around you and what you were taught as a child. This is from an interview the band did a couple months ago.

m9tt and Lucas27 like this.
  20. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

This is a phenomenal album.

Thematically, it reminds me of Move in Place by Come Wind or Fold by Motherfolk; a hurricane at the crossroads of reality and faith.

Ness72 and teebs41 like this.
  21. Micah511

Yeahhhhh this is great. Harmonies during the quiet parts are outstanding. I posted this on r/PostHardcore to try to get it to gain some steam. What's up with the weak preorder options from Rise?

beachdude and K0ta like this.
  22. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Can you link your post so I can upvote?

beachdude and Micah511 like this.
  23. Micah511

24. Lucas27

Trusted

It hits the same indie rock sweet spot as Come Wind too. This album reminds me of that album quite a bit. Love both.

25. Damn I forgot about Come Wind. I think I listed that as like my number 13 record that year or something too

Lucas27 likes this.