Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets (Luc Besson, July 21st 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 21, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can see this doing well in foreign markets

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man, I thought these trailers looked really bad. Good to see some positive reactions.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What the fucccck. That's great. I just feel like Delevigne can't act. But I will definitely see this now.

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Happy to hear some positive reviews. The Fifth Element is genuinely one of my favorite movies, this looks to be in that vein.

Also, this is still 3 weeks away. What a weird schedule this movie is on

6. I really don't think this will be bad. I was iffy for a while, but after reading stuff about it and how it connects to Fifth Element (one of my favorite movies ever btw) just makes me even more excited.

Sadly I see it bombing in the US, but I think worldwide it will pull in numbers.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

8. I'm gonna see it at least for the visuals. If the story is good, that'll be a bonus.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I always trust Steve Weintraub so I'm glad he says this is good. I'm still of the mind that this will not do too well here box office wise

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Read a review that literally called this a Razzie frontrunner but that's the only negative one I've seen

12. Dog with a Blog

I'm weirdly excited for this and I have basically no reason to be.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, this is 137 minutes long, so it better not be a total slog

14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

To be fair, it was a pretty poorly-written, snarky review

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is a goddamn mess. Beautiful visuals, great 3-D. Absolutely abysmal dialogue that recycles every cliched action movie line and Dane Dehaven does a weird Keanu Reeves/surfer dude accent that makes no sense. Why they chose him is just mind boggling.

16. Dog with a Blog

I have to watch this tonight. I look forward to just turning my brain off for a little bit and just enjoying the eye candy tbh. Did it feel its length?

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah. You feel every minute.

Joel and Bloodsucker II like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

LOL

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

20. Dog with a Blog

Davjs likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I did not like this much at all. Gorgeous, but bad. Poor writing, bad leads, predictable story.

Ethan Hawke, Rihanna, and Clive Owen were decent. Action was pretty cool.

22. Dog with a Blog

There's a line in the beginning where Valerian is talking about how he could change for her or something that was hilariously bad. And as @Zilla pointed out, Dane has the weirdest Keanu Reeves thing going on. Does he actually talk like that? All in all, really pretty and some cool ideas but that's about it.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I really liked this , I didn't think the dialogue was that much more clunky/cheesy than most sci fi and it was really pretty
    I though Cara did a really good job and I kinda found it refreshing that Dane's character was so dumb

SpyKi and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He definitely didn't talk like that in "Chronicle" or "Amazing Spider-Man."

25. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Hoping to see this either this weekend or next. Doesn't appear to be doing well at the box office unfortunately. Might see Dunkirk first.