Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Valencia - 2016 Reunion Shows

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 27, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 12, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

For years, our collective reason to believe was music. We all believed in the same cause -- sacrificing ourselves to make others happy. Sleeping in vans and crowded hotel rooms, waking up at dawn (or not sleeping at all), failing classes to record a record. Always exchanging current pain for future joy. When the sacrifice became too much to bear, we parted ways to create our own reasons to believe and our own personal causes. We've been across the world and back, learned more than we ever thought we would, moved across state lines, found love, lost love, and enough time has passed.

On December 27th and 28th, after five long years away, we will be playing two shows. We'll be returning to our adopted second home (New York City) and our hometown (Philadelphia) in support of the vinyl release of our first record, This Could be a Possibility. This is the album that changed our lives. It was a slingshot that set us on a trajectory that none of us could have imagined or predicted.

Come sing with us. Hang out with us again. Let's feel the feelings we once felt, even if just for a night or two. Here in the future, we can all keep up with each other on social media, but there's nothing better than hearing your voices and feeling the energy we create in a room when we come together as humans, with pain and hurt and past and present experiences. We forget about it all for a few hours, let it all go, and sing at the top of our lungs.

I'm writing this on a plane to the Pacific Northwest. One of our favorite memories of life on the road was when Max came and visited us while we were on tour with Motion City Soundtrack, Saves the Day, and Say Anything, traveling through that part of the country. He came out for a few days and rode in the van again. It was one of our favorite times. Everyone was happy, we went out at night, ate good food together, and had hilarious and classic conversations in the van. We feel that this journey between now and December will be similar: relaxed and focused with a macro perspective on things. We are looking forward to it so much and hope you are too. We love you all and can't wait to see your faces in December.

See you all very soon.

Love,
    Brendan, George, Shane, Dan, Trevor, J.D. & Max

To pre-order tickets and vinyl, head to http://valencia.shofetti.com/ NOW. General on sale begins on 9/30/16 at 12 PM EST.

2. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Should be an awesome hometown show

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Who will be drumming for them at these two shows?

4. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I assume Dan would be drumming

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

See y'all there in Philadelphia.

Taco-King likes this.
  6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I'll be at both, catch your boy (probably crying) in the pit

7. heaththehorizon

Regular

Got a philly ticket

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Valencia in NYC on the 27th and then Thursday on the 29th and 30th.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Odd that these shows are on a Tuesday and Wednesday.

10. chris522

Can someone explain the presale to me, trying to get a ticket but the link I am clicking on sends me to something that talks about the general onsale and presales that are later in the week. Thanks!

11. chris522

How did you get a philly ticket, can find the place to order, thanks!

12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Actually might be going to New York instead of Philly cause that's the date my friends are going to. (OR who am I kidding I'm gonna try to go to both)

13. heaththehorizon

Regular

They posted a soundrink link, I think it is sold out now.

14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

If I had to guess, the guys who are working real jobs nowadays (don't know who that is but I suspect it's most of them besides Dan who has got that Panic at the Disco touring money) took the week after Christmas and before New Years off from work, which gives them the time to practice on the 26th (Monday) and then do the shows Tuesday and Wednesday). And then be back to their respective homes by New Years. Similar situation to why the Starting Line headlining shows are almost always the week after Christmas (though this years Taking Back Sunday opening show is an outlier)

devenstonow and Mister Lyrical like this.
  15. chris522

forget it, sold out, thanks anyway

16. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Theres a couple of pre-sales going on right now for the Philly show. Just snagged a ticket.
    It's not hard to find the codes.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

18. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

dangit should've ordered it from the preorder page for the show, since there is no chance in hell i am ever ordering from src again

19. kidinthebushes Sep 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

anything on SRC will be in very many other places unless it's an SRC exclusive
    which this obviously wasn't
    there is zero need to ever do that

21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

All these years and they still haven't gotten any better at customer service?

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

do you think they ever will? they don't give a shit dumb scene kids love them

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

True. You still hang out on VC?

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I have bought a couple thousand dollars worth of vinyl from them and never had an issue.

25. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Never forget the time they triple charged my card, caused me to overdraft, and could only refund me in "store credit."
    Bullshit.