Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vacationer - Mindset (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Apr 19, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm in love with this album.

Hard to pick a favorite, but right now I'm really into Hallucinations, Romance and Euphoria.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think it’s one of those albums I’ll prolly just play front to back every single time

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. Crazy how much more I like Strawberry Blonde in context

lostawholeyear and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. This band rules so hard live. 5th time seeing them and they’ve yet to disappoint. New songs were awesome, Magnetism and Being Here had the crowd going iiiiin

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Yup this record fucking rules. Was watching the Audiotree session #3 last night and I was loving how these songs sounded in a live setting. Like every single song grooves really well and makes me want to keep coming back. Definitely gonna be on my EOTY list. Now I just need to see them live.

7. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I love this album.

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

Will be playin' all spring/summer. Specifically beach fishin' trips.

t_papaccio likes this.
  9. Tom

This album just feels like summer. Such good vibes. I'm so glad Kenny went this route. There was a point in time where I wished he would do The Starting Line stuff more, but I've grown over time to enjoy this a lot more.

10. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, this kinda stuff is great. This particular album is prolly my favourite front to back out of any of the Vacationer records. I like the low-fi, semi-psychedelic, hip hop esque production route. So cool.

11. Tom

I completely agree. Kenny was teasing on an Instagram comment that a possible beat tape or instrumental mix might be coming soon, and it makes sense based off the lofi hip hop vibes he had on the last record.

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

That'd be awesome, i'm here for it!

t_papaccio likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's probably my pick as well. Overall, my favorite songs from the previous two records have been the ones that have more of a groove ("Good as New", "The Wildlife", "Shining", etc.) as opposed to the slow and ambient indie tracks. This record is full of those groovier ones so I definitely favor it on a full listen.

14. Mr. Serotonin

Yep! My favourites from the others were Everyone Knows, Good As New, Trip, Paradise Waiting Wild Life

15. Ordered the double LP a couple weeks ago and I’m fairly certain USPS lost the package :(

16. Okay update they 100% lost it but I filed a missing package report two days ago and then the shipping status mysteriously changed last night and it arrived today lol.

Listening to the instrumental version right now — interesting that Magnetism doesn’t end in that same super abrupt way. It actually has a really pleasant outro and ring out at the end. Wonder what happened with the regular version, hah

t_papaccio and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. Tom

Is the instrumental version vinyl only?

18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Wow, so I've been listening to this since it dropped last year and love it a ton but somehow I never made the connection to The Starting Line until now

19. Nope! The double LP option comes with both versions. It’s only $5 more than the single LP which only has the standard version, so it was kind of a no brainer haha

t_papaccio likes this.
  20. Kuri44

21. Kuri44

22. Mr. Serotonin

This album is still so fuckin' good.

sonder, irthesteve, kyle and 3 others like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

It's dope. Just wish there were lyrics, haha.

Kuri44 likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I can't get into instrumental records. Like for example; Night Verses isn't my jam anymore since Doug left/was booted. They're great instrumentally but I guess I need a vocalist/lyrics to cling to.