Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

utterp1gwAnk2k20 • Page 972

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by RyanRyan, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Hope its temporary too, but I went in the afternoon one day in jan or feb before covid, and they told me they stopped selling breakfast at 2pm. I havent been back for breakfast bc who eats breakfast before 10:30?

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

@Sean Murphy also got my new record player and speakers set up

thanks again for the recs bro

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

aliens exist, jorbjorb and GrantCloud like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

WHAT! Now that’s craziness

I found a press release from the end of March saying all day breakfast was being phased out temporarily!! TEMPORARY!!! That bitch better come back I swear to god or the next building I’m storming is the McDonald’s headquarters

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

idk if it's related but a bunch of fast food'eries up here have limited menus due to an apparent meat shortage. my local wendys and mcd's are not really doing their value/dollar menu right now bc they're saving food for the regular menu offerings.

its crazy how in the last few days i've almost completely forgot we are still in the midst of the covid-19 crisis lol

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

like at first i was like 'WHY WOULD PROTESTS MAKE WENDYS STOP SERVING DOUBLE STACKS'

7. supernovagirl

Loool
    Yeah I heard about that about Wendy’s

I guess I didn’t think bacon was affected and with breakfast offerings the meat Isnt the main focus unlike, say, a burger

but yeah I think you’re right that other menus are limited

8. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

what speakers did you get?

aliens exist, GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Edifier R1700BT

they are pretty great so far, but the remote that came with isn’t working, so hopefully I can swap out a battery and it works.

10. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Those are sharp. I've always been a fan of the woodgrain speakers. I have some audioengine a5+ in bamboo finish. They survived a house fire. Like they were thrown across the room and one of them was under a bunch of crap, but they still work and sound great. However, they look a little rough... so while they have my loyalty as being amazing... I'm thinking about some new ones just for aesthetics for the record player and they can retire to my office setup.

aliens exist, GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I have the non-Bluetooth version of those. Pretty nice

jorbjorb, aliens exist and GrantCloud like this.
  13. ChaseTx

Torn as to whether I should continue to go to protests through this. I want to do my part to keep the movement going but I also don't want to end up getting sick or getting others sick

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah i'll be honest I kinda hate that my overarching thought with this is like "yes protests are good" but also there is no social distancing what so ever lol - at least it looks like a lot of people are still wearing masks/face coverings.

15. supernovagirl

What do you mean “through this”

obviously only you know what’s right for you. I know that around here it was actually possible to protest while social distancing if you wanted to. Maybe not a 6foot square around yourself but I believe it’s possible to keep a bubble around yourself while also supporting

similarly for marches you can post up on the side of the route with a cooler and drinks (and let people grab their own) and you can stand back with a sign and encourage/offer to people! That’s what I’m going to do next time because walking in the sun was just too much for me

16. supernovagirl

Yeah, I’m not saying people ARE social distancing to be clear haha just that I think that if you want to protest I don’t think it automatically means giving up social distancing

But yeah everyone around me was wearing masks

17. supernovagirl

Also for me I have sat at home for weeks and watched while my county stormed stores, bars, beaches, and parks. I did and still do judge that recklessness. To me, protesting/revolution is a more important reason

of course it’s not helping but everyone else already gave up on helping so at least if I’m giving up it’s going to be for a good reason

18. ChaseTx

By "through this" I mean during the pandemic

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Got my four miles in at lunch but now far too sweaty for this time of day.

20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

for me right now it feels weird to have normal conversations with my friends because of the situation right now all over America.

21. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I want to share a couple words on Instagram about things they can do more than posting a black square, but I’m struggling to find a picture to use. It’d be kind of hypocritical to just post a black square and then put my info in the caption right?

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

post a picture of George Floyd

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

maybe you can use your IG story to get some words out, and still post the black out in your feed

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Isn’t it kind of ironic that music labels are the ones who started this black out trend when they have been known to be predatory in contracts with black artists and also have not mentioned donating at all?

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah what are they doing about executives and producers who treat black artists like shit, jack shit obviously

aliens exist and supernovagirl like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.