Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Usher - Hard II Love (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i dunno i dont think this is gonna be remotely as good as confessions, which is a classic

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably a safe bet

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Might not be on that level, but at this point I'm thinking it'll easily beat any of his albums since then (not a huge achievement, but still). Really really digging everything so far though, so I'm staying optimistic.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Confessions makes a fantastic EP.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm

7. beachdude

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm in a library and almost lost my shit to "Tell Me" like 3 times during the song... Jesus.

9. beachdude

Overall I really enjoyed this... a couple tracks that weren't that memorable on first listen, but I did NOT expect the highs to be nearly as high as they were. If you'd told me a few months ago that an Usher album in 2016 would be this good I would've laughed.

10. beachdude Sep 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 13, 2016)
    beachdude

Also the movie soundtrack song should've been a bonus track rather than the "closing track"... kind of a pointless distinction but that one doesn't really fit at all imo.

11. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

TIDAL posted like a 24 million dollar loss last year they better keep these exclusives coming

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude

The most surprising part of this album is that a lot of it is blatant trend-hopping just like he's tried on a lot of his more recent albums... but this time it's just done really, really well. He's found modern sounds that actually work great for him, this album actually has a consistent "sonic identity", and it even has an ark... starting with the "bangers" and getting to a stretch of more emotional songs at the end. And "Tell Me" is just straight-up phenomenal, I was not expecting him to ever have a single song that good in this decade. I'm very surprised to say the least.

13. SpyKi

He put out "Climax" and "Crash" this decade which are as good as anything he's done imo.

Jusscali and beachdude42 like this.
  14. beachdude

True... there's songs on here that easily top "Crash" though imo

15. SpyKi

I'll be the judge of that! That would make me super happy, honestly one of my favourite songs of the year.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

I'm very impressed with this so far if you can't tell by my 5 other posts hah... I think you'll enjoy.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

correct

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Missed the news this dropped last night, excited to check it out at some point today

19. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

This has some good stuff but feels like he thought he had to sound like PND, Tory Lanez, Bryson Tiller at times

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i would love usher's track by track ripoff of late nights

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

Yeah after a couple more listens I agree with this... overall I enjoy it and think the highlights are REALLY strong, but it could stand to be a bit more original.

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

23. SpyKi

I liked most of this but much like Climax on his last album, nothing even came close to how much I love Crash.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This sounds like a more mature/diverse record compared to his previous releases; lots of different sounds going on. Reminds of kind of what JT did with his first 20/20 album

25. beachdude

"Bump" is a very easy highlight for me.