Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Us (Jordan Peele, March 22, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, May 8, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Holy shit did not realize this was so close, I had been assuming it was like end of the year for some reason

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen Dec 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

“For my second feature, I wanted to create a monster mythology,” Peele tells EW. “I wanted to do something that was more firmly in the horror genre but still held on to my love of movies that are twisted but fun.”
    Details are very, very vague about Peele’s upcoming film Us. The story is set in the present day and follows Adelaide and Gabe Wilson (Lupita Nyong’o and Winston Duke) as they take their kids to Adelaide’s old childhood beachside home in Northern California for the summer. After a day at the beach with the Tyler family (which includes Elisabeth Moss and Tim Heidecker), Adelaide — who’s haunted by a lingering trauma from her past — becomes increasingly more paranoid that something bad will happen to her family. As night falls, the Wilsons see four figures holding hands and standing silently at the bottom of their driveway…
    To prepare, Peele gave Nyong’o 10 classic horror films to watch so they would have “a shared language” when filming: Dead Again, The Shining, The Babadook, It Follows, A Tale of Two Sisters, The Birds, Funny Games, Martyrs, Let the Right One In, and The Sixth Sense.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Hyped.

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

As night falls, the Wilsons see four figures holding hands and standing silently at the bottom of their driveway…

Oh man. Seeing eerie stuff from afar is what always gets me in horror movies. I cannot wait for a trailer. I'll watch it once or twice then wait til opening day.

incognitojones and drewinseries like this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This is gonna rule

6. drewinseries

Drew

I remember when I was younger watching the Ryan Gosling Amytiville Horror (lol), in some of the establishing shots of the house you can see the reverend guy walking around in the woods. Always thought that was cool.

7. Peele is a fan of Martyrs? Very nice.

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

that description has me so hyped, this is gonna be goooood

9. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I actually think the hype on this is so big that tickets are going to go on sale right after the trailer debuts. Like 3 months in advance.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Sounds a little like the Strangers

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man this is going to be great. Awesome that it’s set in Nor Cal, AND I didn’t know Moss was in this!

12. wordzanddreamz

So I'm all jacked up about watching the trailer when it "debuts" online tomorrow... and I casually look at the playlist for Vice at work and see that it has the Us trailer on it. It starts in 35 minutes... LET'S GO.

13. wordzanddreamz

Holy Fuck. I wasn’t ready.

airik625 and Serh like this.
  14. wordzanddreamz

I will say, this trailer shows the plot. Like all out. I'm sure that there will be twists, but if you are the kind of person that wants to be in the dark definitely avoid it.

jkauf and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Sheer curiosity, but what TIME tomorrow is it first dropping?

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Hmm that’s a shame.

17. wordzanddreamz

6am est

Serh likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oops never mind!

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I'm just going to go in as blind as possible.

21. Holy shit

22. shea

RIP Supporter

I’m in. Holy shit.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yup I need to see this

24. Night Channels

Trusted

My body is ready

25. Night Channels

Trusted