Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Upgrade (Leigh Whannell, June 1, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Jun 1, 2018.

1. stayillogical Jun 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2018)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

This was so good and came out of nowhere. I went on Rotten Tomatoes today to see what might be good in theaters and watched this completely blind, no trailer, just skimmed the reviews. Highly recommend everyone do the same. It was such a surprise and so much fun.

All you need to know is sci-fi movie with Logan Marshall-Green, it's violent and funny, Ex-Machina meets John Wick.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just saw this tonight and went in completely blind. This was a lot of fun, i enjoyed it a lot more than i anticipated.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Totally would've seen this if my goddamn cold wasn't still going on. Sounds like it's awesome

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Takes a little bit to get going, but so fun and worth it once it does.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Are we sure this isn't Venom because the trailer definitely made it look like Venom

Adrian Villagomez and BirdPerson like this.
  6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yep. Well worth a couple hours at the theater.

jkauf likes this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

watched the red band trailer for this and the algorithm suggested venom next lol

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This movie ruled

jkauf likes this.
  9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

damn i can’t wait to see it

jkauf likes this.
  10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

This was really good, some of the dialogue was pretty bleh, but there was more substance to this than I thought there'd be based on trailers

The action sequences with STEM taking over Grey's body are a fucking joy, the unnatural sweeps and cuts (not to mention the animatronic like lurching of his body to and from), I wish there was just a bit more.

Dodger and jkauf like this.
  11. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

3rd favorite movie of the year for me. Unexpected treat. When STEM first takes over I was not expecting the action style and I was laughing from how much fun it was.

I will say though I couldnt get out of my mind how much the dude looks like Hardy. I couldnt stop thinking about it lol

stayillogical likes this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think this for overhyped for me. The fight sequences were incredible and to be commended , but everything in between I found super boring. Didn’t really care about any of the characters.

aoftbsten and NJPunkMusic like this.
  13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think I agree with this.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Overall this was pretty fun. It felt like an episode of Black Mirror. The camera work during the fight sequences was fantastic and felt really unique. I'll agree that the characters weren't all that interesting, but still, it was a good time.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ended up seeing this because Incredibles 2 was sold out. Like others I'm guessing, I really hated the villains in this, but this didn't disappoint otherwise. Logan Marshall-Green truly carried this film on his back

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

17. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

That was perfect. I'm still so glad I didn't watch a trailer (that's really going to become my go to). That shot and the subsequent sequence made my jaw drop. I was in glee. Still one of my favorite movie experiences of the year. Might end up in my top 10.

jkauf and Dodger like this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The first time his powers kick in is such a great “Holy shit, wow!” moment.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Same here, I was just like “lol wut” — totally made it worth the price of admission for that alone.

Dodger likes this.
  20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit

stayillogical likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This rules

stayillogical and Garrett L. like this.
  22. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

mehhhh the movie was very fun but i don't think i care to see the premise dragged out into a series

24. Henry Jul 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2020)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched this for the first time and loved it. I'm glad they subvert the predictability at the end. Really liked the ending.

The shot of him cartwheeling in the fight was so incredible.

joe.boy.fresh. and stayillogical like this.
  25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The idea for a series is the same way I feel about the “Snowpiercer” series- loved the movie, but I wouldn’t watch a variation of it every week.