Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Up and Vanished (Podcast) Podcast

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by wordzanddreamz, Jan 10, 2017.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Up and Vanished (Podcast)

Host: Payne Lindsey

Up and Vanished is an investigative podcast that explores the unsolved disappearance of Georgia beauty queen and high school teacher, Tara Grinstead.

2. wordzanddreamz

Anyone listen to this? First podcast I've found that gives me that same feeling as Serial season 1.

3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Thanks for the rec.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  4. wordzanddreamz

Bump. I'm dying to talk to someone about this.

5. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Started yesterday and just finished episode 7. This is great.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Need to remember to listen to this

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Bout to start ep 7. Keeps getting wilder

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I will say I don't like how jumbled and disorganized it is. Clips are played/repeated a few times for no real reason. Could be a smoother show

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'll probably give it a shot next week when I have nothing else to listen to. Been meaning to check this out for a while.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Its super easy to run through. Very short

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Sweet. I can't commit to another 100+ episode podcast.

12. nomemorial

All caught up and glad he extended it to be longer than 12 episodes. Really enjoying it thus far and find the host very easy to listen to. Can't wait for the next episode.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to the first 4 episodes yesterday. It's interesting and I'll keep listening, but I can't help but feel like he ripped off Serial's style just a little too much.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

For reeeeeaaaalll. I feel like 75% of the podcast is just the same stuff I've already heard before. So frustrating.

OhTheWater likes this.
  15. nomemorial

Yeah, I do love the show, but I feel the last few episodes have been covering the same ground with different people, all leading up to something that's supposed to be the "reveal," though it doesn't seem to add much to the case. Still gripped, though, and I have faith something important will come of it all in the end.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think a problem is the dude uncovering stuff as it happened. I'd prefer a longer, well put together episode every two weeks

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm just finishing "Season One" so we'll see how the rest goes, but I feel like the first 6 episodes plus the case evidence mini-sodes could have all been put together into one concise 60-90 minute episode.

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He wants to be the center of the podcast and not the case. It's clear he wants to get famous of this and it's distracting to the actually mystery of what happened to Tara. I'm still listening but man this guy is a tool.

suicidesaints and OhTheWater like this.
  19. imthegrimace

I got my girlfriend interested in the case and she started reading a bunch of articles about it and he leaves out so much important information it's kind of crazy.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

care to share them?

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I have a feeling a lot of what is left out is so that he can prolong the podcast and drop "bombshell" information throughout.

22. imthegrimace

The biggest thing I remember is that at some point they were going to search/use the dogs on property around Marcus Harper's house and some how Marcus Harper put a stop to it before it happened. Also Marcus Harper might have taken Tara's car to the carwash some time Sunday/Monday.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Damn. He's been my number one suspect

24. imthegrimace

Yeah me too. I'm not sure where she was reading about all this but right after I started talking to her about the podcast she started reading up on the case for like an hour or two.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.