Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unwritten Law Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GEM37, Mar 19, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

there's some good stuff on Swan, kill me

bd007h and GEM37 like this.
  2. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Kill you? You’re already dead to me! :skull:

Lol, but for real though - whatever floats your boat, but the only songs from that record that I think are decent are “Starships and Apocalypse” and that rap-rock song with Del tha Funkee Homosapien.

There a couple other songs with decent parts, but otherwise the rest of the record I find unbearably lame - “Nevermind,” “Dark Dayz,” “Superbad,” the aforementioned “Love Love Love.” Ugh...

irthesteve likes this.
  3. irthesteve

I honestly haven't listened to it in forever, maybe I'll do that again and see if I actually should be defending it haha

GEM37 likes this.
  4. Tomozaurus

Regular

Elva and Here's To The Mourning were huge for me in high school. I still go back to them sometimes. Cailin is my all time fave though.

5. DannyZach

Trusted

Listening Elva right now.Yea,this band should have been bigger

6. It was their biggest album ... by a huge margin. “Seeing Red” went number one on the rock charts.

bd007h likes this.
  7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Heeyyy, check it out!

Couldn’t make their show last year, might have to bite the bullet and travel on this one.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Oh shiiiiiit

GEM37 likes this.
  9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

It’s a whole new year, and you know what that means...

DEEP CUTS!!!

What are some of your favorites? A few of mine are listed below...

10. If you can’t make it to any of the Black Album shows, I just found a whole set of them playing it straight through for the first time back in April.

GEM37 likes this.
  11. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I'm still holding out hope for a follow up to Swan *shrugs*

GEM37 and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

On My Own is the best song on Swan imo.

GEM37 likes this.
  13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

That one is tolerable.

bd007h likes this.
  14. Sound Siren and Lost Control are so great.

How about Blame It On Me (possibly my favorite UL song), Geronimo, and I Like the Way?

GEM37 likes this.
  15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Geronimo is still a song that gets me going every time I hear it. It’s one of those songs I seemingly forget about, and then I play it and by the time the song gets into the bridge, I lose control of my body.

bd007h, Patterns in Traffic and GEM37 like this.
  16. Tomozaurus

Regular

Hellborn and Elva are mine. Does Harmonic count as a deep cut? 'cause I love that song too.

GEM37 likes this.
  17. Linton9488

Regular

Love this band. Hate that Elva and the black album aren't on Spotify for streaming WTF!

My all time fave tracks - Seein Red, up all night, Elva, geronimo, evolution, harmonic, teenage suicide, celebration song, get up

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Haha, thanks bro! I remember hearing about that show but passed on it. As fun as these Black Album shows would be, I’m thinking I may need to pass on them too. If I’m really gonna spend money to travel to see UL play a full album, I think it’d have to be Elva (or by some miracle, HTTM). Hopefully these current shows mean they’ll do something like that sooner rather than later.

:musical:She’s Hell on wheels
    I know how she feels, boy!:musical:

Hmmm... I dunno. I would think it’s one of their most popular songs, but I’m not sure how much of a staple it is at their live shows these days.

Say what now? Those are on Spotify for me!

bd007h likes this.
  19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Y’know, I’ll be honest: I’m not crazy about the use of ‘gay’ in the chorus either, but goddamn if this song isn’t good!

20. Linton9488

Regular

Not on their profile for me. I'm in New Zealand, maybe Spotify doesn't have distribution rights for those albums here??

21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

FYI I'm pretty certain they are using the other definition ("lighthearted and carefree") of gay.

22. irthesteve

100% using it that way

23. GEM37 likes this.
  24. razorburn

Trusted

Looks like Wade's out again. Bummed. Always loved the energy he brought live.

25. TheJMan

Trusted

I just want a new album from them to erase the stink that’s Swan.

GEM37 likes this.