Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 753

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I mean, you definitely don't have to like them, but it is just incorrect to say they are not an "album" band. If you don't like their albums, that is one thing, but they definitely have the intention of making full albums.

SpyKi, Punisher316, FTank and 2 others like this.
  2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

What is a vibe band?

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

M&YTS is the best song on the album

Leftandleaving likes this.
  4. skoopy

Regular

I was speaking from a listening perspective. Of course they set out to make albums, that is just not the means of which I can enjoy their music. Some artists are better digested in an album package, and some aren't. The 1975, for me, fall in the latter category. I should have been more clear in my op, but I am accustomed to simply spitting out token hot takes in this thread.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Can't think of many better album bands for me than The 1975.

6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

All of their albums are totally all over the place. It's kind of their "thing." They feel more like compilation albums

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont really get the hate for their new one from people who loved their previous albums.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  8. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Bands whose music is primarily there to provide a specific type of atmosphere and emotional quality. These are usually bands whose music is less commonly consumed in terms of how each individual song behaves on its own, but rather how their music imparts a certain type of emotional feeling throughout the album. Less "orchestrated, calculated set of songs and movements" and more "this is a collection of music that will help make you feel a certain way throughout the whole album."

Mind you this is coming from someone who does in fact really like The 1975.

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

oh then no

10. Crisp X May 27, 2020
    (Last edited: May 27, 2020)
    Yeah I really expected it to be their most instantly praised album, but the sudden turnaround from critics feels so bizarre.

nohandstoholdonto and CarpetElf like this.
  11. drummerAVA May 27, 2020
    (Last edited: May 27, 2020)
    drummerAVA

Trusted

I feel like people still expect Chocolate(s) and Settle Down(s) and “guitar-n-B” as Matty put it back in the self-titled days... rather than see a band experiment and explore different sounds, people like one thing and expect more of the same.

I think that’s The 1975’s biggest issue, and it’s not even an issue with them, it’s the average listener... like I’ve seen way less hype around them as time has gone on. People miss the point, or something doesn’t appeal to their immediate tastes or expectations and they check out.

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Guitar’n’b lolol

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

Guitar’n’b? What a massive knob that man is.

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

It’s definitely pretty different from their earlier stuff

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Lol

drummerAVA likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I lose interest in most 1975 albums about 5 songs in. They've written some songs that I truly love. Their albums as a whole just fall flat.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The complaints I'm hearing a lot are about its length and how all over the place the tracks are and the same can be said about their last two records

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is definitely more than those haha. This is 22 songs, over 80 minutes, and veers into country and post hardcore lol

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah and People fucks hard and whoever dislikes it is a nerd

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think the 1975's pink neon imagery was super cute. That's my shallow hot take

21. drummerAVA

Trusted

Neon colors are dope yo...

22. JM95

Trusted

The best music neon

[​IMG]

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I respect your consistent commitment to analyzing pop band/star aesthetics.

waking season and Kiana like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

What’s the general consensus on UB40? Because I gotta say I’m never not happy when Red Red Wine comes on the radio

Kiana, tomdelonge and 333 GANG like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I tried getting into them a bit more than their singles, but the album cuts weren't exactly amazing.

The Lucky Moose likes this.