Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 696

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Alright alright, I might find out what a Grateful Dead is

beachdude, phaynes12 and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

do it

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

great bands that i know do some guitar tapping - red city radio, strung out, fuking propagandhi, definitely a lot more

so i guess if done more uhm... tastefully, tapping doesnt just have to be a gimmick reserved for half assed metal or algebra bands

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Love the Sevendust and Chevelle mentions in here

Korn is fun to listen to for the bass alone. Fieldy's style of playing is so sick

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

The way David and Fieldy locked in with each other in their earlier material was a truly magical thing.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Soulfly were amazing but I rarely ever see people mention them. Those first few albums are fuckin’ bangers.

JM95 likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Primitive is so damn good

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Chino on “Pain” absolutely destroys

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Although my favorite Chino guest appearance is Whitechapel’s “Reprogrammed to Hate”.

That song is so damn heavy.

Makes me wish Chino would do a full super heavy metal album. No singing, just shredding and screaming.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

I feel this pretty hard. It's a good sound but definitely oversaturated.

Like, that last Empire! Empire! record is one of the most annoying records I've ever heard. "In my college doooorrrrrrrm my freshman yeeeeaaaaaaaaaar" like give me a break lol

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I love tapping; pretty easy way to get me at least interested enough to check something out. Even if the song is otherwise boring tapping just sounds fun and cool.

also, little late but despite me liking their music quite a bit I think JEW is far and away the most overrated chorus band. I appreciate the consistency but they largely have a car radio/background band vibe for me. The other scene darlings like paramore and 1975 may have some missteps but they’re much more interesting.

13. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

JEW is super hit and miss for me, but as hits go, Sweetness is the single catchiest song of all time.

JM95, SlappinCups and disambigujason like this.
  14. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

JEW and the 1975 are both pretty awesome.

I agree that most of the new Midwest-style emo is pretty boring, with or without tapping parts

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  15. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

yea im not even the biggest fan but i cant really get on board w calling jimmy eat world overrated. they got so many good songs on the s/t record and on clarity once u get passed the middle and sweetness. really good musicians too.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Does SOAD not count as numetal? Because I feel like they're clearly the best

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Toxicity is amazing. Otherwise, not a fan

phaynes12 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

God I hated SOAD back at the hight of that scene lol

irthesteve likes this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Cro-Mags Alpha Omega is a good album and the second beat CMs album behind Age of Quarrel

cherrywaves likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’ve always preferred Best Wishes over AOQ

21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Brian Fallon just sounds like all his songs are processed via an Americana Song Generator. Very formulated and not the most authentic. I don’t think it’s bad per se, but they are just kinda best suited for background music. I love Gaslight though.

22. Noradrenaline

Regular

WTF?

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

As long as you like cro mags that’s all that really matters.

333 GANG and cherrywaves like this.
  25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I like literally all the bands that have been called overrated in this conversation.

:shrug: