Unpopular music opinions • Page 694

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nine is awesome, California is not

2. SpyKi

This Charming Man Supporter

The 1975 are one of the best and most interesting bands making music currently.

Mary V, beachdude, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

They’re definitely boring but Me & You Together Song is fun

Tomozaurus likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Also innovative things can still be boring

5. trevorshmevor Feb 15, 2020 at 12:44 AM
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 12:55 AM)
    Well as long as we’re doing “overrated music around the site”

The new Spanish Love Songs record is chock full of genuinely heartfelt and therapeutic lyrics, and I’m glad the words exist for those can relate to and emotionally benefit from them — myself included. But it’s unfortunately also chock full of incredibly bland and indistinctive instrumentation, which the former reeeeally doesn’t make up for

6. The Lucky Moose

For me it’s the other way around but I also have to add that I barely register pop punk lyrics

7. SpyKi

This Charming Man Supporter

Everything's boring to someone. At least The 1975 consistently experiment and explore new sounds unlike too many artists that write the same song over and over again.

8. The Lucky Moose

Very true, it’s why we have this thread

9. CarpetElf

bowling Prestigious

The clutch hip-hop guy defending California is a major curveball i did not see coming

10. Petit nain des Îles

Stream Future Nostalgia for clear skin ♡ Supporter

Well, I guess I'm safe posting this here instead of the band or album's thread... because from what I've seen in the past few years, it often feels like the slightest criticism against them is seen as an attack with the way people immediately come at you. As The 1975 have become one of my favorite bands in the last decade, I've grown to find Matty insufferable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. White

I long for death. Prestigious

I was gonna say this, but then it could also depend on how "boring" is being defined and that could've started a whole dumbass argument about semantics and who needs that shit.

I will say though The 1975 does indeed actively bore me way more often than not.

Also both California and Nine are terrible, terrible albums.

12. The Lucky Moose Feb 15, 2020 at 1:32 AM
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 1:54 AM)
    The Lucky Moose

I know how to judge the “objective quality” of hip hop, I never said I know how to judge guitar music, I claim no authority or credibility when talking about it lol

In fact many rock related discussions on here make me roll my eyes so fucking hard, but I’m sure that’s how others react to me discussing Pusha vs Drake lol

13. tdlyon

Pawnee Forever Supporter

I don't know if I'd use the word "overrated" but outside of Bleed American and maybe Futures or Clarity I find JEW to be a total singles band, I can't get into their full albums for the most part

14. The Lucky Moose

Same, also a boring band lol

15. nohandstoholdonto

Problem Addict - ...is a Real Bitch 2k20 Prestigious

The 1975 is actually the best band that has ever existed and will ever exist you dumb m*therfuckers.

SpyKi and ChiliTacos like this.
  16. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

none of these bands are good, there, i said it

Mary V, beachdude, Tomozaurus and 5 others like this.
  17. there are no good bands.

beachdude, Kuri44, Zilla and 7 others like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

Not since Texas Is The Reason broke up

cherrywaves and Leftandleaving like this.
  19. stop making excuses for shitty white boys trying to make music together, it's honestly pretty problematic. if we didn't keep making excuses for this honestly toxic behaviour maybe the "band problem" would finally go away :anguish:

20. The Lucky Moose

lolol I know you're kidding but I swear I have seen this take before from people that were serious

mescalineeyes likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think Thursday is probably the most overrated band on the site. I enjoy/can find value in pretty much every other heavy hitter. I’ve tried for like a decade now with them and just don’t get any part of it

22. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

iiiim lookin for the upsides to this overrated record

23. SaveTheEarth

Lucipurr Supporter

Just chiming in to say that California sucks and Nine is so so so much worse. It's in no way innovative, creative, or enjoyable and I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

LightWithoutHeat and CarpetElf like this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Post S/T blink is so bland and bad that it’s not even worth discussing, really. And I say that as a person who called them my favorite band for a solid decade of life or so.

25. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

blink as a whole isn’t worth discussing. there has never been a time when they were good.