Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 691

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I accidentally saw a Metallica show in a small venue with Bradley Cooper a few years back, I thought I was seeing Patton Oswalt.

True story

2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i am a pretty big metallica apologist (and nu-metal fan) and... i can not get down with st. anger for the most part

i do however think lulu is a masterpiece

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The Black Album > Metallica (The Black Album)

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

well that is obviously true

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

?????

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

[​IMG]

7. phaynes12

[​IMG]

8. I love that you could get so many bathroom breaks, and it wouldn't feel like you've missed anything!

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i think the first disc of hardwired is way better than both death magnetic and st. anger. the second disc... well, at least it has "spit out the bone"

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Was Bradley Cooper fronting Metallica to get into Jackson Maine mode?

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

St. Anger gave us this. So who am I to complain?

12. irthesteve

The scene is 2013, San Diego. I was down there working Comic Con and after my shift we went out to grab some drinks. We walk past Spreckles theater (capacity 1400) and the marquee says "Patton Oswalt" and we're like, oh cool he's funny. As we pass by, there's a few people who work the venue and flag us down like "hey, show is about to start and we have a couple tickets from VIPs who didn't show up if you want to come in" so we're like, sure why not? Should be fun! So we go in, and get our seats, front row of the balcony. Lights turn off, stage curtain opens... and it's Metallica... and they played a whole show. Fuckin WILD man. Apparently they were promoting a movie or concert film that year and were playing a show to celebrate it.

Anyway, Bradley Cooper was just to the left of me, apparently he's a HUGE fan. He was legit rocking the fuck out the whole time, was having a total blast

13. phaynes12

incredible. of course he’s a huge fan. man. hilarious.

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

Story delivers

15. irthesteve

Phone cameras were't as good back then, but here's a couple pictures I took of the show and of B Coops, he's on the top tier with his arms up in the air

IMAG2060.jpg IMAG2059.jpg IMAG2056.jpg IMAG2055.jpg

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

that story is AMAZING

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They were promoting Through the Never, their concert movie that came out in 2013. That was a weird movie, like the concert parts are cool but the narrative was just so bizarre.

irthesteve and phaynes12 like this.
  18. phaynes12

wasn’t dane dehann in that lol? whatever happened to dude

19. DarkHotline

Valerian pretty much torpedoed that dude’s career. I think the most recent thing he’s done was an Amazon series.

20. Yeah after the underwhelming second ASM and A Cure For Wellness, Valerian felt like the last straw. Sucks cause I actually liked him in Kill Your Darlings and Chronicle

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. tomdelonge

Trusted

....i like valerian

this is the unpopular movie opinions thread rite?

cshadows2887 likes this.
  22. tomdelonge

Trusted

i mean it's not good but good things don't gotta be good

23. DarkHotline

The box office disagreed

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

lol I definitely saw Patton Oswalt in San Diego after being at comic con all day in 2013.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. irthesteve

That's pretty amazing. Footnote to my story was that Patton performed there the night before or after, I forget which. Which means you and I were in the same room, one night apart

trevorshmevor and CarpetElf like this.