Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 689

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

my point is that this song is a cover song of Idina Menzel's song from the film that he was hired specifically to sing a certain way, which feels like more of a critique on the type of song and it's purpose. "Going overboard" was what he was supposed to do for that purpose.

I'm not undermining you thinking he over-sings, but I feel like that specific situation is outside the norm of Panic for very specific reasons

Joe4th and DarkHotline like this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I love his vocals on the Frozen track. :shrug:

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think Brendon can oversing sometimes but I've never had that problem with Patrick. I think Brendons tone makes me notice it more. Both are great tho. Tho it did make me lol when I saw panic and tried to sing along and he'd throw in a random surprise crazy run just to remind us all that we're peasants

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Both can oversing me to sleep.

In a good way.

5. I've only had that problem with Patrick on American Beauty / American Psycho (Centuries' verses, 4th Of July's chorus, or Immortals' hook just to name a few examples), one of the reasons I don't go back to that album much.

6. SpyKi

He fucking slayyyys Fourth of July's chorus. My main issue with Patrick is that his melodies can be a bit awkward for me at times.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The problem with that record isn't necessarily the oversinging. It's that you can tell he's doing it as a distraction to cover up for weaker songwriting.

8. Why not both? Haha, but yep I agree with this.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think Fourth of July might be my least favorite FOB chorus, his voice is really obnoxious to me in it

FTank and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  10. SpyKi

That songs always been my favourite on that album and maybe top 10 FOB for me, ha.

11. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Album tours are the best format for live music.

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The Ataris Welcome the Night was ahead of its time. Rip Kris Roe's career.

domotime2 likes this.
  13. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I am Facebook friends with Kris Roe, he loved my old band, it was kind cool

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm mixed on album tours. There are some bands where it's unnecessary cause they mostly play one album anyway....

But yea they're mostly great. Shocked green day hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. Would love a multi day career spanning weeekdn

15. Album tours are worth for the inclusion of deep cuts that are rarely or never played otherwise alone.

Ken, Zilla, disambigujason and 4 others like this.
  16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

imo, 2 sets with at least 150 total minutes of music and different songs every night is the best format. but album tours are pretty great

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It definitely depends on the artist since some album tours feel perfunctory and forced and just have the same setlist every night

18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

A lot of it depends on the context for me. For every Thrice doing one tour to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Vheissu, you have Hawthorne Heights beating a dead horse with The Silence in Black & White. I just take it on a case by case basis.

One of my personal favorite things is the unannounced album play though. You see something just advertised as a normal show and then you end up getting a real treat in the end. It's a very satisfying feeling.

FTank likes this.
  19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Would be funny if bands did album tours for their worst ones. Buying tickets to the St. Anger tour rn

20. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Damn, finally someone else!

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  21. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

If they did a Warning show, I would actually go to it.

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  22. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Adding on to that, I fucking LOVED the 2006-2007 Ataris lineup with three guitars and making all the old songs into cool 90s shoegaze.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  23. Ataris and 90’s shoegaze ain’t computing for me but consider my interest piqued

SaveTheEarth and CarpetElf like this.
  24. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

It’s a little sad when it’s all some bands seem to do. Like how many tours has Taking Back Sunday done play Tell All Your Friends? And if it’s not a long album plenty of other stuff to. I went to see Saves play Through Being Cool and they played 27 songs according to Setlist.fm, felt very worth it and that they genuinely were like, genuinely celebrating.

I don’t think they need a gimmick to sell out shows though. I feel the same way about Fall Out Boy but people are gonna get paid if they play From Under the Cork Tree or not

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

I was on the fence about seeing Thursday play WATT because they mostly pull from that and FC anyways. I did see Asleep in the Chapel though so that was cool. If they could acknowledge the existence of everything post-ACBTLD that would be sick.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.