Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 680

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

unpopular opinion: i love going to concerts and seeing people perform music live

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I just don’t like it when the bands play their songs exactly the same as the master recording. Mix things up, do some improv, add a horn section or something idk. Or if not that then put on some kind of performance or have good stage presence.

If I liked jam bands at all then I would probably love them

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

It’s rare that I like a band’s live show less than their records

irthesteve likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

fuck outta here /s

literally going to a super late night show tomorrow lol

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m the opposite, haha. Hate when they deviate from what I already love. Would love more alternate studio releases though.

6. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I still enjoy going to shows, but I'm nowhere near as excited by them as I used to be. Definitely had a few where I've been stood in the crowd, wondering whether I still want to do this.

I've even not bothered going out to a gig on a Sunday night because I decided I couldn't be arsed with a heavy lineup on a Sunday night. :crylaugh:I actually kind of regret that one.

7. drummerAVA

Trusted

Ghost Stories was great, I agree...

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

shows are tight but these days its less vital for me to make it out to every single show im interested in. part of it is that i now live in a city that every single tour hits so theres no urgency of "when will they be back?" because most bands hit philly twice a year minimum. the other part of it is ive seen so many bands live that im up to seeing bands for the 4th, 5th, 6th time and i just dont find it all that necessary to see the same bands again and again unless its like, jimmy eat world or circa survive. i also work nights and weekends and need to request off three weeks in advance and i never make the final decision on if im going to a show until the day before usually lol

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The challenge for me lately is there aren't a ton of new bands I get immediately passionate about. Usually over the course of a few albums I get into them gradually. So when they're young and playing cool small shows, I frequently don't know their stuff that well yet and feel like I wouldn't appreciate a show properly. And then by the time I like them, they're playing big expensive shows and I shrug at them.

Simple solution would be to get to know the first few albums of these bands more intimately, of course.

Kiana likes this.
  10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I will fight anyone who says Parachutes and A Rush of Blood aren't fucking great.

Dog with a Blog and CarpetElf like this.
  11. Reputation is a good album. That's it, that's the post.

Lover is disappointingsly safe in comparison.

FTank and ChiliTacos like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The songs I enjoy off Reputation I really enjoy, but I don't like the whole thing. I also don't listen to all of Lover either tho.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Me with every Taylor album.

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Might not be unpopular but I dunno where else to put this.

This whole "what if band X's song was actually written by band Y" trend on YouTube really needs to go away. If a band covers that song it's one thing, but random people on the internet assuming what it would sound like rubs me the wrong way.

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

“Senior Citizens React to “Freak on a Leash” Done in the Style Of Lorde”

LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE! SMASH THAT MF’IN RT

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That and the “what if Helena (MCR) was an 80s song” or whatever. So cringey.

irthesteve and CarpetElf like this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"Korn Reacts To Senior Citizens React To Freak On A Leash Done In The Style of Lorde"

19. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

As much as I love pop punk I don’t care for some of the newer bands (i.e. The Story So Far, The Wonder Years). I think that’s because I prefer the poppier/catchier styles of pop punk though. Similarly I don’t care for “easycore” (i.e. A Day To Remember, Four Year Strong).

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah same. I feel like pre-crash major label hit making influence is mostly missing now and at that point I might as well listen to non-pop punk. Some bands can still do it though, old and new.

Zilla and bluecharliedeltaecho like this.
  21. drummerAVA

Trusted

I just really don’t enjoy new Blink-182... can’t get excited about it, and I feel like they’ve lost a lot of what made them “punk” in the way that they’re handling the band now... I like a handful of post-Tom tracks, but overall, it’s just not my thing anymore.

Zilla likes this.
  22. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

There's still really good & catchy newer pop punk out there but those ones I mentioned just don't click with me despite how popular they seem to be among pop punk fans. :shrug:

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

yea as a big alkaline trio fan i am much more interested in toms alien investigations than anything blink has done recently.

Contender likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Jerry Finn’s death has a lot to do with both of these things.

25. DesolateEarth

Birb

I like The Wonder Years but feel that most other modern pop punk is generic and bad :/