Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 679

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love them but they probably wouldn’t be top 10 for me, unpopular indeed

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Besides "Shark Smile," I can't get into Big Thief and it bugs me because people whose tastes I share love them a whole lot.

waking season likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

I was gonna say I think that band is really boring but I started listening to the newest record last night and I'm enjoying it, so maybe I should revisit the others

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't really like much about Big Theif

Drewski and waking season like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve definitely said it in here before but I also think they’re boring

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Smh

zmtr and Joe4th like this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

usually random flavor of the month/year indie bands are also not for me but Big Thief hits me idk

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I hesitate to call them boring because there’s obvious a lot going on in their music to write it off as that. It’s just not for me. “Shark Smile” still is great though.

9. DesolateEarth

Birb

Viva La Vida is the only Coldplay album that I'll listen to from time to time. Some truly good songs on there.

My mom loves U2 so I was exposed to them a lot growing up and they were just....okay at best? Nothing I care to go out of my way to listen to on my own. I get their musical importance but still.

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Big Thief is maybe my favorite band to come out this decade

11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

While watching that Colbert performance of Not it occurred to me that I was probably watching legends in the making

Aregala and mad like this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

don't think they're boring at all. like i said in the original post, i think they're quite good. i just don't have the desire to constantly revisit it like i do some bands that maybe aren't quite as good but have more re-playability

Leftandleaving likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I never bought in fully until UFOF but man the two they put out this year are undeniable. Give them a listen if you’ve been on the fence before, both probably in my top 10 of the year. One definitely in the top 5

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

the only stuff ive heard from them has been the stuff from this year and they're a rare band in that I prefer individual songs over albums

15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve never even heard of them before they were mentioned in this thread. Guess I’ll devote tomorrow morning at work to check out their discography

16. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

“Mary” is like, one of the most beautiful songs.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone else just “over” going to shows these days? The older I get the less I want to deal with everything that comes along with it. The only shows I’ll see now is if it’s an actual rarity they I could see the band ever again.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I still go to a ton of shows but I’ve noticed lately that most crowds are awful and parking is terrible at basically every venue

seimagery likes this.
  19. ImAMetaphor

I’ve gotten sick after both of the last two shows I’ve gone to. Idk if that’s a sign or not.

disambigujason likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's nice being able to admit that I like seated shows where everyone is chill, or if people are animated they're just living their best lives and in the zone

I don't hate shows GA shows can just give me a lot of anxiety

21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I was never big on shows, even when the performance would be seen as great. To me, standing around smothered by sweaty strangers to listen to usually worse versions of what I could listen to in peace at home just isn’t appealing (or worse, listening to all the people around you trying to “sing”).

Signifire likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Coldplay has good records and it baffles me how they became "the shitty band" for a while.

23. ImAMetaphor

I mean, I adore shows when everything works out, but there’s a lot working against me. The closest semi-major touring market is 45 minutes away from me, so shows mean travel time, gas money, parking money, admission, and probably buying an overpriced water. Then, I have to either find people to go with me (which isn’t always easy) or go alone, hope I don’t get stuck behind tall people or near loud/obnoxious people, and probably wake up exhausted the next morning if I can’t take class or work off. It’s a lot.

24. The 40 Year Old Virgin really did a number on the collective American white dude lexicon

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Nearest shows to me are three hours. I still go to them but obv can't go as often as I'd like. By the time u account for gas or hotel or food or whatever it's a whole thing and way more expensive than the tickets themselves. And then I always have to take someone who doesn't care as much as I do. I don't mind going alone sometimes but with the drive and everything it isn't ideal.

And tbh I'm a millennial with a trash attn span. Even if I am enjoying the show I tend to get restless a bit

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.