Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 673

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I think most fans of metal would agree, Killswitch Engage bastardized that song

2. zmtr

Trusted

I think Norman Fucking Rockwell is pretty damn great but the fact it places over BIBI and that most people seem to agree with that is just a big fucking LOL to me

phaynes12 and Craig Manning like this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Overall poptimism definitly did a number on this decade.

I just don’t think R&B falls under that. The weird, selective coverage of R&B (and also rap) by non-hip hop/R&B media has other reasons.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Lana is just not interesting to me. I think I would have tried a little harder with the new one if the Ann Powers thing hadn’t happened. After that, definitely had no interest in giving that record any time.

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I think BIBI is the only BI album I truly love

waking season likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think every album ranking is bad esp for the span of a decade given how different every album is and how close together some albums can be in quality

I'd much rather just look at what's included instead of where it's actually ranked cuz trying to """objectively""" rank ends up being insanity

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

High by the Beach is the only Lana song I love, the others bore me. I do find her interesting somehow.

8. Fucking Dustin

Anyway The ArchAndroid is firmly my #1 of the decade and that is the only opinion related to the decade in music that I'm confident in

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

here’s a hot take: most people have absolutely no business critically discussing music

10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

this needs to be emphasized further.

tomdelonge and theagentcoma like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It's hard with pop criticism because for years like any genre not made for straight white dudes people acted like it was mindless and not real music for so long

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Lana is great, Frank is great, I’ve never heard GKMC

13. ANTI is too high on that list imo but it’s a fantastic album

I’ll take up any opportunity available to scream from the rooftops that I don’t get FJM though. Wtf is up with that guy and how did he get so boring

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

I love Lana's music and FJM's music but it feels pretty obvious why they might be polarizing or not good to people and I've never been like "how do you not like this" about either artist

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

complaints about FJM are wildly disengenuous and completely ignore reality

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

FJM is a weird example of one (kinda?) outlier album causing people to completely turn their backs on a stellar discography. I don't get it.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've listened to every one of his albums and can't muster up anything beyond "meh". His personality outside of the records is just another layer

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Funny, BIBI is the only BI album I do not like.

19. zmtr

Trusted

bruh moment

Your Milkshake and ChiliTacos like this.
  20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

butbutbutbutbut.....beth/rest is the best song of all time.

21. Tim

Also, the only Lana song I actively like is "West Coast," which I'm randomly super into, but everything else washes over me. Only other things about her music I ever remember is that her pussy apparently tastes like Pepsi Cola.

Oh, & I really dig her contribution to that corny-fun Ari song for Charlie's Angels, which, me enjoying that song is also probably unpopular, but hey, whatever. I've just been into Ari a lot this year. *shrug*

22. Tim

It's not even the best Bon Iver song, but it is a really good song. Literally the only song on that album I like. (Not being into that album made talking music in 2011 tedious at times, lol, but that "Sun on the Sand" crew, like IWasaCamera, still existed then, so at least I wasn't completely alone.)

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

my guy

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i really need to get the fuck outta this thread

25. zmtr

Trusted

You do not like the song Perth?

waking season and Your Milkshake like this.