Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 672

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

The best thing Iron Maiden have ever been vaguely involved in is being name-checked in that song.

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I definitely like it more than Last Resort, at least

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

this is one of the worst things I've seen on this site, well done

4. JM95

Trusted

It isn't as bad as that double album they did the other year.

5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Late to the party but “Blood Brothers” is the best Papa Roach song.

Anyone else remember when the lead singer was gonna legally change his name before each album and then stopped after the second one lmao

6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

His wiki page is great

Birth name Jacoby Dakota Shaddix
    Also known as
    • Coby Dick
    • Jonny Vodka
    • John Doe
    • Dakota Gold
    • Jacobo Insonico

waking season likes this.
  7. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

as a new poster here probably a bad idea to post my shitty opinions right away but oh well here we go.

new found glory-esque pop punk riding off blinks coat-tails has always been terrible and is my most disliked subgenre of alternative music. i like my pop punk bands to sound like they listen to too much ramones and green day.

never met him and despite his tendency to come off as an insensitive asshole i like fat mike.

ska is great and ppl who hate on it by default are no-fun killjoys who probably work as parking meter ticketers.

i dont even listen to much of it at all and most ppl i talk to seem to hate it but i think shoegaze is pretty neat.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

or More Cowbell before everyone ruined it

9. Dog with a Blog

I’ve never seen it and I refuse to watch it because of all the nerds in band class who would say that shit all the time

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I always wondered if he was supposed to be THAT Bruce Dickinson or if the name was just a coincidence or homage. It's a super random choice because that's not even Dickinson's job and he doesn't attempt to look or sound like him lol

Zilla and waking season like this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

opening this thread like papa roach ffs?

upload_2019-10-8_8-58-4.gif

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

it sounds like you don’t really like pop-punk bands then lol.

13. EzeRojo

Ok, there is mine:

QUEEN IS F*CKIN' OVERRATED

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Been there done that

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Since we're nearing the EOTD lists:
    -Frank Ocean is good but there has been a ton of other great R&B/Pop albums to come out this past decade that trump his work
    -GKMC by Kendrick is not a very good album
    -I don't understand the major acclaim for Lana Del Rey outside of a few songs. Her new album is bland
    -FJM stinks

I think overall, poptimism has kinda run rampant on this list and there are far more deserving, overlooked albums that should make it on there over like 4 bloated Drake records. Ranking

16. The Lucky Moose

Uh, yes. But then again, my list isn’t very underground.

Frank Ocean and GKMC etc. are probably mostly so present because those were championed by white ass music sites lol

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Father John Misty is so insufferable I can't listen to his music

And I never quite got Lana , she has a great voice but like no personality and that style of music should be fun

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The Rihanna album being at number 12 was the big “poptimism has gone too far” moment of that list for me. I remember it having like four good songs.

Steeeve Perry and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

“Holy Diver” is a boring song and “Rainbow in the Dark” is by far the superior Dio single.

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ultraviolence and honeymoon are the only lana records i get, they're so humid and luxurious. new album seems to require me to think she's a good writer; i don't think she is

i recently came around to blonde after not really "getting" frank ocean for years. i mean, i got it, i just felt like the critical writing about him was just writers projecting onto a mostly blank canvas. but a few months ago i smoked a bowl and put it on and really got subsumed in it. i love how it's constantly on the verge of shapeshifting or disappearing entirely into a drumless vortex

anti is an absolutely fucking awesome album

21. The Lucky Moose

Anti is a very good album

22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

disagree with your lana take, but ditto on blonde.

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh something i forgot to add to that frank ocean paragraph: much as i've started enjoying blonde, i think kaleidoscope dream and blackSUMMERS'night should be on this list. dawn richard's blackheart too but i understand i'm the only person in the world who thinks she's a genius

Aregala and OhTheWater like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I say this as someone that thinks that Rihanna has like two good albums, her first and Anti

25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Looked back at the tracklist. Nope, four good songs.