Unpopular music opinions • Page 664

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. I wouldn't put Three Days Grace in the same category, they were a bit more ~edgy~

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block

Omg yeah 3 Doors Down

And Hoobastank

3. JamesSparrow

Early day 3 Days Grace definitely were edgier, but slowly seeped into "Park Rock"

4. nohandstoholdonto

A great poster/person with opinions I don’t hate. Prestigious

I Hate Everything About You is a jam

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. this one was my fave

6. JamesSparrow

I have a weird dislike for 3 Days Grace which only got fueled more from The Used.

Let's journey back to about 2009. The Used were one of my favourite bands at the time and had a show in Toronto at was once an amazing venue called Kool Haus (R.I.P). Less than 15 days before the show, they flat out cancelled. No reasoning, nothing just cancelled the show and provided refunds.

Suddenly, less than a week later they're announced as an opening act for three days grace at a much higher cost for the ticket. As an angsty early 20's year old who had such disdain for 3DG, this only made things worse.

So what would have been a full set, with them headlining at a great venue, got turned into a 30-40 minute set at a terrible venue.

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Probably not unpopular but I don’t know where else to post it: Kim Thayil is the best guitarist to come out of the grunge scene and one of the most underrated guitarists of the 90s

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. phaynes12

playing in the band

mccready is up there too but yeah, they're all pretty good

waking season likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

Mack Daddy of Heimlich County Supporter

Giving Alligator a listen is a reminder of how fucking awful the production is.

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah both are great and I would add Jerry Cantrell to the list too.

amorningofsleep likes this.