Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 664

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Giving Alligator a listen is a reminder of how fucking awful the production is.

2. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yeah both are great and I would add Jerry Cantrell to the list too.

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Heartbeat in the brain is prob the worst song on whenever if ever and harmlessness is prob the worst twiabp album

4. Harmlessness is a perfect rock album. Always Foreign is the worst TWIABP album and Between Bodies is their worst release

CarpetElf, Tomozaurus and JM95 like this.
  5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

the TWIABP singer has such a meh voice and they're equally mediocre as a live band

Tomozaurus and amorningofsleep like this.
  6. owenlongsworth

Regular

Between Bodies is still my favorite release of theirs. The spoken word doesn’t do anything for me, but the rest of the album is so damn great that it makes up for it.

Between Bodies
    Are Here to Help You
    Always Foreign
    Whenever, If Ever
    Harmlessness
    Death to New Years, Long Live Happy Birthday
    Formlessness
    Josh Is Dead

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

New opinion: The emo revival went from awesome to obnoxious real fucking fast.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

hahaha I always forget between bodies exists. You’re right lol
    David is prob my least favorite singer in the band currently and they are not good live, even if I love most of their recorded stuff

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Tomozaurus

Regular

Yeah I agree that TWIABP sucks live, I get it is hard to coordinate that many people but they are really poor at it.

I guess this isn't really such an unpopular opinion.

waking season likes this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

they’re one of my favorite live bands tbh

11. I’ve seen them twice, at Suburbia in Brooklyn and at the Asbury Lanes, both years ago, and they were fantastic

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

When I saw them they cut their set short and didn’t do an encore for... some reason. They also played after Foxing, which was a mistake.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. bluecharliedeltaecho Jul 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. cherrywaves

Trusted

The idea of an encore is kind of dumb.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

If I’m standing yeah but if it’s a seated show I need those 3 minutes of sitting down before they come back on stage lol

disambigujason and CarpetElf like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

clapton is actually so good he's underrated at this point

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

encores being forced and inorganic is weird but have you ever been to a show without one, you awkwardly wait for it and then are just like time to leave I guess

18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The best option is when they just say it right away that there won’t be one

coleslawed and waking season like this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I wonder if there's ever actually been a show where the audience didn't cheer hard enough so the band didn't play an encore

zmtr likes this.
  20. I saw something similarly awkward. Was at a Nightmare of You show with maybe 30 people in the crowd and when they finished their set everyone left the floor and went back to the bar/merch table. Then a couple minutes later they came back out and started playing the encore to an empty room haha. Thankfully everyone came back to the stage but it was pretty uncomfortable for a minute.

21. zmtr

Trusted

Bon Iver will just straight up say "this is our last song, there won't be an encore".. it's perfect that way

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Preach!

phaynes12 likes this.
  23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

zmtr and amorningofsleep like this.
  24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Unless I know there's a song I really wanna hear live, the encore is my sign to leave to beat traffic.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

unless I know a big fave is coming in the encore I’ll usually move towards to exit and listen to the encore from far away. I hate how chaotic it can get leaving a venue after a show, plus one of my usual concert going friends has big time claustrophobia so we usually like to try to slip out before most of the crowd does.
    outdoor shows are a different story tho.