Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 642

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Days Are Gone is great. The second album is one of the least inspired, most maddeningly repetitive albums of the decade.

Debut is great start to finish. Iron Sea has some duds in the back half. Which b-sides would you swap in there?

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For Under The Iron Sea, I really think "Let It Slide" & "Thin Air" absolutely should have been on the album, no question. I also like "Maybe I Can Change" a lot too, although probably not quite as much as the other two.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Haven't listened to Keane in many years, but I do remember finding them underrated. Glad to hear they're making a new album

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

First Keane record is really good

5. zmtr

Trusted

Somewhere Only We Know is one of my favorite songs ever but I’ve never heard even ONE other Keane song. I should change that lol

RileyWitiw likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

Hopes & Fears is stacked, go listen.

navidson and SpyKi like this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm partial to "Bend and Break"

SpyKi likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

“We might as well be strangers” slaps hard

SpyKi likes this.
  9. Even Perfect Symmetry has some good stuff on it. Here for the Keane love.

10. Craig Manning

Perfect Symmetry is half great and half experimentation that just doesn't work for them. But yeah, some of their best songs are on that record.

11. felipecardel Mar 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2019)
    felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i've only heard the first two Keane records so far but love both endlessly, was so glad to find out they're back

half of ABIIOR (all the singles + How to Draw/Petrichor, I Like America, Couldn't Be More In Love) is up there with the first two albums for me and the other half i just don't really care for. obsessing over 80% of a band's discography still must mean i adore them

ILIWYS >> s/t > ABIIOR

FTank and Craig Manning like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg

Ken, Craig Manning, mad and 1 other person like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

[​IMG]

I don’t think it’s unpopular to say this album is great but it is so god damn underrated in terms of popularity imo.

navidson and Leftandleaving like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

IWSWYG is even better imo. Fantastic album

15. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I've been meaning to give Park a listen for about a decade now and I just keep forgetting to.

16. Dog with a Blog

I could never get into IWSWYG like I did Buiding a Better but god damn I love it.

Like, damn

17. Dog Fish

Mutt

18. Dog with a Blog

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i dont like music

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

some namedropping your favorite artists in your song is okay. there's a point when it gets too obnoxious though, like all the pop punk bands mentioning previous pop punk bands and basically what Gaslight Anthem exist for

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Do not speak ill of my lover

22. Craig Manning

I think there's a difference between lyrical interpolations/references and songs that just namedrop artists.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

There’s also a difference between primarily namedropping artists, and namedropping waitresses named Maria

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's to Jimmy Eat World and nights in my car. When the first star you see may not be a star. Im not your STAAAAAAAR

Like your favorite Heatmiser song goes "It's just like being alone."

Anyway wut

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Dashboard naming themselves after a lyric in their own song is good shit