Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 639

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I read a piece the other day about how Rivers writes songs and it made me like them less.

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Cake > Weezer

3. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they have 6 near perfect studio albums and a fantastic B-Sides album as well. And I love them live.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Cake is one of my least favorite bands

Borat and angrycandy like this.
  6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I've got nothing against Cake, but I just don't understand the intense love for them. It reminds me of my roommate freshman year of college. Dude was a massive 311 fan. I just didn't get it.

7. zmtr

Trusted

don't think i've heard a cake song

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Everyone on the planet has heard "The Distance" or "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" but they have tons of other better and actual deep songs. Love em.

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

For the people who dislike them, I'm curious which albums or songs they've heard by them because I think most of their singles are in their middle tier/lower tier quality songs.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I would like some cake

11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna go through each album in a minute and choose a great lesser known song from each one!

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve heard a lot of their singles and thought they were all bad. Even if they have better songs I hate the singers voice.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Collins likes this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, oh yeah, if you don't like his voice then I totally get it, hahaha

They have some great instrumental tracks like "Arco Arena" or "Teenage Pregnancy"

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I kinda appreciate when like the Cake guy or Craig Finn can't sing but are lead singers in bands it's inspiring

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He's great at twangy country sounding singing, like that "Ruby" cover above

:D

18. Never heard a Cake record in full but I fuck with the singles

19. Dog with a Blog

Iridescence is Brockhampton’s least interesting LP :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Hard disagree

I can understand you not liking it (I love it), but it’s hard to say it’s their least interesting when their other 3 albums follow the exact same formula as each other

21. Dog with a Blog

But they do it well. A lot of stuff on Iridescence feels meandiering and unfocused to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I loved the singles they release leading up to the album and was hoping they would be representative of the sound (even if they weren’t gonna be on the LP itself) but man, it’s just so boring to me

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m kinda over Brockhampton, which is a bummer

ECV likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I rocked out to the Blue Album in middle-school and high-school, and a friend of mine and I did designate the Green Album as the soundtrack to the summer after we graduated high school (I had shiny spiked hair and mutton chop sideburns and I believe he was rocking a puka shell necklace), but I really can’t believe Weezer is still around… I find any of their music that I have heard since probably the year 2001 to be not only bad but also incredibly annoying. Any time I’ve gone back and sampled the Green Album it does not hold up for me at all, but I still think the Blue Album is a damn good album.

On the very rare occasion that I listen to the actual radio in the car, if I stumble across “The Distance” I definitely listen to the whole thing and enjoy the hell out of it. The only other Cake song I’ve ever heard in my life for some weird reason is their cover of “I Will Survive” from that same album.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish Mar 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

As far as Weezer goes, Maladroit was always my favorite but I'm not a huge Weezer fan in general, so it's whatever.

I really think people should listen to "Prolonging the Magic" though, that album is tight front to back.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wasn't that into Iridescence at first but it grew on me super hard. I love most of that album now.