Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 638

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Blaine Ryan

Their SNL performance was hilarious.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Silent Alarm is so fucking good. “This Modern Love” is one of my all-time favorite songs.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also Led Zeppelin is a weird band to ape, like Robert Plant could sing but it was basically him talking about Lord Of The Rings or stealing blues songs

cybele likes this.
  4. Hm. Yeah, guess I just don’t get it haha. Most easy targets in the music industry are usually easy targets for a good reason, like propelling problematic behavior (Creed) or spouting gross lyrics (Nickelback), or even just making boring music that is publicly overplayed to inescapable proportions (Mumford & Sons). Seems like GVF is just out there having fun and are overall very inoffensive and avoidable. Like I said, I’m not really a fan of the music, but it’s just always weird to me when people seem to reeeeally want to slam them. Guess that’s just me!

5. In an apparently much more popular opinion, I’ll echo the Silent Alarm praise. Record is great

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

:chin: the first six zeppelin albums contain some of the greatest music ever created

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

not problematic per se just indicative of a system that rewards white mediocrity and there are so many bands I would like to be awarded the opportunities they've been given

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love a lot of their stuff, they just seem fairly inimitable

9. Yeah, I hear you on that. Definitely a fair point, and I agree

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I need to listen to more Bloc Party. I've always adored Flux but never really spent much time with anything else they did.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The first two albums are very good. The third one is hit or miss but has some incredible moments. I don't care for anything past that.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to Bloc Party in a long long time. I remember really liking A Weekend In The City.

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

I was looking at my last.fm page and it turns out i've listened to quite a few Bloc Party albums. I don't remember anything about them bar their first album haha

14. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I definitely agree inimitable. I mean they were a band made up of some of the best musicians in the genre. Especially Bonham and Page.

Why then would GVF try, and then not have the chops to back it up.

And blues (as well as country) is a genre made up of a tradition of doing covers, so when it transformed to rock and roll it was definitely common. Look at The Rolling Stones first two albums, the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, Jimi Hendrix and so on. I wouldn’t call it ‘stealing’ blues songs.

sophos34 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. heroinman

Burnout

I've always really loved silent alarm, but been lukewarm on anything else I've heard. What album should I give a front to back listen to?

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

“Gameshark” gives me strong BP vibes.

17. heroinman

Burnout

I definitely quoted the wrong post and i am just now noticing it.

nl5011 likes this.
  18. atlas

Trusted

It's that time of year where i re-remember Crossfade, yes, the same Crossfade that made "Cold", once wrote a legitimately fucking sick 10 minute prog metal banger. The beat change at 4:53? The build up? The dissonant soloing? Fucking 8:23??? What the fuck???

19. Dog with a Blog

lol that switch at 4:53 is fuckin sick :crylaugh:

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

synths/keys make any song better

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

I find most post rock boring.

Gallhammer, JM95 and disambigujason like this.
  22. Tom Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2019)
    Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Not sure if this is unpopular or not. But I don’t understand what people see in this white boy emo rap stuff. More specifically Wicca Phase. He played in Philly last night and quite a few people I know went to the show. He sounds horrible. Mediocre beats with basic trap drums all on top out of tune moaning. I’ve listened to some of his recorded stuff a while back as well and it’s just bad. I’ve noticed this with other artists similar to him as well.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

Weezer sucks

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol

They're like 3 different bands at this point. Their earlier stuff is great, but that's it.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. JM95

Trusted

The White Album was only three years ago and that was great.

It's essentially that and the first three for me, admittedly.