Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 627

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re capable of being heavy but never fully committed. Which is a shame because they could have.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Disambiguation is an extremely heavy and atmospheric record and their only really great one

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Aight people it’s the unpopular opinions thread not the inflammatory lies one

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Disambiguation was extremely good. Losing Aaron for that record was a great idea.

5. Disambiguation is one of the best metalcore albums of all time. Flawless unlike the rest of their discography. Can't get any more heavy than that while keeping their trademark sound, unless they completely discard the clean vocals and atmospheric tendencies.

disambigujason likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

bring back black metal Underoath

Nate_Johnson, swboyd and JM95 like this.
  7. JM95

Trusted

Their current album cycle is a pretty good advert for Christianity.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

To stay far away from both?

9. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Underoath were always a band I felt like I should like but could never get into for some reason. Their latest album certainly didn't help their cause.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Never really got into ø but I like the previous three underoath albums. Haven’t even bothered with erase me yet

11. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Didn't get anything out of the new one, and I honestly think they shouldn't have brought Aaron back.

sophos34, ChiliTacos and JM95 like this.
  12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. Kiana Nov 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2018)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk if these opinions are unpopular I mean some might be let's see. I don't think these albums are revered or anything but some may disagree with how they hold up. Last night I had to drive for a few hours exhausted late at night and in an attempt to not fall asleep and die I blasted albums from my youth that I haven't revisited in a long time so I'm full of hot takes rn.

1. Good Charlotte - Good Charlotte

Little Things and Motivation Proclamation are still jams. I didn't remember a lot of the songs but I dig the angsty complex they had. Like dang I also got free subsidized lunch but nobody gaf

2. Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless

I also didn't remember a lot of songs from this album which is weird because they were faves of mine like I legit had gc_rox_my_sox as a username. So Riot Girl aged terribly.

"She's got tattoos and piercings
    She likes Minor Threat, she likes Social Distortion
    My girl's a hot girl
    A hood rat who needs an attitude adjustment

Christina, wouldn't want to meet her
    She hates you, Britney, so you better run for cover
    My girl's a hot girl
    A riot girl and she's angry at the world"

It becomes funnier when u remember they went on to date Hilary duff and Paris Hilton.

3. Good Charlotte - The Chronicles of Life and Death

I also didn't remember a lot of these songs despite this still being peak obsession. I skipped a lot of songs because I was getting tired and didn't wanna fall asleep to my death while driving

4. Simple Plan - Still Not Getting Any

I was surprised that I remembered all the songs on this album. Simple Plans deeply held angst and feeling so missundaztood is a mood. Almost started a one woman tween nostalgia mosh pit in the car to Shut Up. Made it thru the whole album. Like what kind of ahead of their time feminist anthem slayers??.

"Tell me what's wrong with society
    When everywhere I look I see
    Young girls dying to be on tv
    They won't stop til they've reached their dreams
    Diet pills, surgery
    Photoshopped pictures in magazines
    Telling them how they should be
    It doesn't make sense to me"

bell hooks hew?????

5. From First To Last - Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has a Body Count

My gawd I forgot the ridiculousness of long song titles. They wouldn't even fit on the display of my lil screen thing in the car. The opener was nostalgic af and I was like yaaas but it was kinda downhill from there. Like not as awful as I thought it would be tho. But between sonny's lisp (there's no one in the thworld thlike emithllllleeee) and I think it was Matt's? Nasal vocals I was like meh. And omg the songs that didn't age well. I remember posting lyrics from Kiss Me, I'm Contagious all ova my MySpace profile. XxBANG BANG GUNS GO BANG!Xx Anyway the screaming of "can I touch your legs? Do I make you sweat?" was like a Choice. I got kinda uncomfortable lmao like NO U MAY NOT.

Speaking of other songs that didn't age well, enter the hidden track.

"Girl, you must think that I'm crazy
    But we all know you's a cutie
    And you're all like, "Nuh uh boys don't wanna get with me"
    Girl, please
    I can see right through those
    Fake colored contacts
    Your eyes ain't blue, I bet that hair's held by glue"

Lmao the weak cheap shots. Also Ride the Wings of Pestilence was v aggressive

"I've been dreaming about you
    In a pool of your own blood
    With your eyes gouged out
    By the work of my thumbs
    The scent of your insides
    From under the floorboards
    The perfect perfume
    To settle a score"

I did lol at

"I'll wear your skin as a suit
    Pretend to be you
    Your friends will like you
    More than they used to"

6. Kill Hannah - Until There's Nothing Left of Us

I will say his vocals are unique? I started to get sleepy after two songs tho and changed it so I didn't die. I mean I do applaud them for committing to an aesthetic

KillHannah6-vi.jpg

7. The Vines - Highly Evolved

Had a few jams but I skipped most. Had no idea they were still making music. I just remember this hot mess

Anyway. Thanks to nostalgia I made it home without dying.

15. I’ve never heard any of those albums besides 1 and 2 but I definitely agree with those opinions on them. TYATH title track is such a jam lol.

16. Kiana

THESE CRITICS AND THESE TRUST FUND KIDS TRY TO TELL ME WHAT PUNK IS BUT WHEN I SEE THEM ON THE STREET THEY GOT NOTHIN TO SAAAAAAAAAY is iconic

CarpetElf, Serh and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Always thought The Chronicles Of Life And Death was an obvious example of a pop punk band pushing the boundaries of the genre, yet that band has always been seen as a joke so even their good stuff seems to be dismissed

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I know Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous was inspired by an Axl Rose interview but it's still funny that they're with Nicole Richie and Cameron Diaz

19. Kiana

I remember liking that album upon release and liking the ~dark aesthetic. They had some serious catchy pop songs tho like they had such an ear for that. I remember getting into an argument with my grandpa once cause he saw my album of theirs on the table and accused them of only having tattoos for attention and I was LIVID lmao
    And then they wrote I Just Wanna Live which referenced that song and them being called sellouts or whatever! Idk them obv but it sounds like they had a rough upbringing and grew up resenting those with money but it's not too surprising to me that it's different once they joined the ranks. I mean I always bemoan the wealthy but maybe that's just cause I'm not one of them lol

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Lifestyles is one of the least self-aware songs I’ve ever heard. I hate GC and SP about equally, but none of that belongs in an unpopular thread

I didn’t like Material Control that much

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

@Kiana I just need to say that my wife's username for everything when she was younger was paul_rocks79. Cringe.

Petit nain des Îles and Kiana like this.
  22. Kiana

After my relistens I'd venture my unpopular opinion may be that gc and simple plan were great pop bands. Can't speak to what they're doing now cause I don't track their careers anymore. It actually made me go back and think how young they were when those songs were released and what a good ear for melody they had which is impressive to me, and more than I gave them credit for. It ages kinda corny and melodramatic sometimes but the hooks remain hooks

23. Kiana

Did she also put random x's everywhere?? I just remember that and had to edit my post lmao. It was v "Xx Is there a hole in your heart or am I mistaken Xx" xxxxxrawrxxxxx

ChiliTacos likes this.
  24. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I happened to see GC live in May (they headlined a festival I was at) and they definitely knew how to throw together a pop rock song. They played a set where I probably knew every song which wasn't new and I haven't really paid them much attention for a decade. I certainly can't listen to them sat at home, as they are purest cheese for the most part. A lot of it also works a lot better live.

25. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I'm not a Good Charlotte fan but Predictable is a tremendous song and I won't hear a word against it.

CarpetElf likes this.