Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 618

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. terps12

Regular

Rozwell Kid was without doubt the worst band I've seen/heard in a very long time. I'm not sure if that's a popular or an unpopular opinion.

lettersandnumbers and primavera like this.
  2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

they are aggressively fine. i don’t think they’re awful but i also almost never think of them.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ll echo the Beggars opinion. It’s a fine song but far and away my least favorite on that record.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

I wouldn't knock anyone for disliking Rozwell Kid (I love them) but like idk I've never seen anyone with like, an actual distaste for them. Probably closer to apathy at bare minimum.

waking season likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

My unpopular Rozwell Kid opinion is that Precious Art is nowhere near as good as Too Shabby but it still has some great songs.

6. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Hummus Vacuum is a goddamn classic

7. terps12

Regular

The music wasn't enjoyable to me but their over the top "look at us we're so fucking dope" stage presence including air kicks, "shredding" on their knees and that whole thing where you lean back and reposition your guitar vertically up in the air while continuing to play were all way over the top to me. The "rockstar" persona for a shitty, generic pop punk band just rubbed me the wrong way.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Rozwell Kid is a very fun live band. I don't care to listen to them but I'm down to see them perform. They're pretty much just Weezer-lite.

primavera likes this.
  9. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

This thread is literally the first time I'm ever hearing about Rozwell Kid

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I kind of liked Rozwell Kid but found some of their stuff boring, seeing them open for The Menzingers changed that

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

For what it’s worth their on-stage persona and antics are tongue in cheek

12. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I love Rozwell Kid, one of my favorite live bands

13. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

I can't stand Red Hot Chili Peppers.

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

Idk if that’s super unpopular but I’m with you

Gallhammer likes this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

Nowadays, yeah - they're a terrible, turgid band. They do have two great albums in their discography though.

Actually, that's my unpopular opinion - One Hot Minute might be the best RHCP album.

16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Flea has some sick bass riffs, everything else about them is shite

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Californication and By the Way were super influential albums for me growing up. Soul to Squeeze is still a great song and I enjoy most of their work up until Stadium Arcadium

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

By the Way is a great record and they are incredible musicians. They also have a lot of bad songs, but I tend to enjoy their stuff more often than not. I thought their last record was pretty cool, especially the lead single.

ECV and stars143 like this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I used to be a huge fan in middle school but I can’t remember the last time I voluntarily listened to them

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

They make me not want to visit California.

Borat, Gallhammer and inspectorkemp like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

same, it sounded really deep when I was 12 haha

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I used to be a pretty big fan but they don’t have a single album without filler

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've never cared for John Frusciante's solo work either and don't understand the hype it's always gotten.

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

They know how to write a great pop/rock song. The hate for them is overblown but they’re also overrated. It equals out

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I saw them at Osheaga a few years ago and had a fucking great time