Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Driving2theBusStation Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

The Mars Volta/ATDI are geniuses who should be recognized as much as Kevin Shields, Aphex Twin, Beethoven, Miles Davis, etc

To Pimp a Butterfly is sometimes uncomfortable and not as enjoyable as either GKMC or S80.

Chillwave is as cool now (or cooler) than it was in 2010 because it is in fact timeless

Kate Akhurst is the fiercest vocalist right now

Music press and fans are too hard on Morrissey. The fact that he has said a handful of really dumb things before doesn't negate the beauty of his music, especially w/ The Smiths. Nobody is perfect.

Insane Clown Posse are smart and their interviews are hilarious

Silent Hill composer's OST for the original Silent Hill is among the best dark ambient music you will ever find. His OST for Silent Hill 2 blends ambient with industrial, downtempo electronica, and rock and has no business being one of the best albums connected to any of those genres but it is.

Aphex Twin has released up to, maybe more than, one album's worth of somebody else's music (probably a friend or record mate) and put it out as part of his official discography as a joke

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I bought, "Significant Other," back in 5th grade when it was released. To this day I can still listen to it front to back..love it.

Driving2theBusStation likes this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I bought it in like sixth grade, although really only liked N Together Now, Rearranged, and Nookie haha

4. bd007h Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    bd007h

I agree with these

I may have to check out Kate Akhurst. Right now Meg Myers is high up in that category for me (see the end of her song Heart Heart Head).

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Welp time to start beta testing a new site, Jason!

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

On the real though, the older I get the less I'm interested in talking about things I don't like. 99% of the time, you're just not giving it the right time/space, at least from what I've seen. Not saying every piece of music deserves your time, but time you spend actively disliking something could be spent finding shit you like.

This thread would be cool if you don't understand the appeal and want to try and get into something. Just calling rap music as a genre bad or w/e shows you're just not putting in time

Nathan, SpyKi, Signifire and 8 others like this.
  7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

relating to music is overrated. immersing yourself is where it's at.

8. prettyvisitors

Every PVRIS song sounds the same, don't like them.

bstadtfeld, hypernights. and St. Nate like this.
  9. DesolateEarth

Birb

I would argue that Tom sometimes looked like he did wanna be there.

10. demo

i said dont @ me

lots of this

11. demo

i said dont @ me

but also i totally agree with this haha there is no variation in their melodies or really their style

Daisy Simpson likes this.
  12. Jose

weightless in the valley

Current pop punk (Neck Deep, TSSF, etc.) has little to no redeeming qualities. All overstocked with the same lyrical material, ideas, and lifestyles.

13. prettyvisitors

There's nothing special about Mac DeMarco.

14. 1989 is T.Swift's worst album and Adele isn't great.

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

You'd take her self-titled over 1989?

16. bd007h

I agree about Adele and I'm not really a fan of Taylor Swift either lol.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. bd007h

Adele is a great singer but her music is just bland to me.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This isn't really an unpopular opinion, haha. And not to defend the new stuff, because I think most of it sucks too, but the genre is pretty limited in the first place in terms of lyrical themes.

Jose likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

1989 is waaaay better than the self-titled and Fearless, man.

I kind of agree about Adele. 25 was her first album I really could enjoy all the way through.

20. Jose

weightless in the valley

Fair enough, haha. Just knew I could safely say that here without getting jumped on. I always hear how pop punk is the future and it's just so not.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

You're on a roll!

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I agree. I like some TSSF and State Champs, but as a whole I do think the genre's become worse, and like I said -- it was pretty narrow even to begin with.

23. Jose

weightless in the valley

State Champs seem to be the poppiest of the bunch, but I can't make a definite statement on that. I don't know much about pop-punk, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

valtari is absolutely the best sigur ros album.

Awksome and George like this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That's pretty true. I feel they're the only new pop-punk band that can really write a decent melody. I think they could have a career similar to All Time Low if they take the right path.