Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 597

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I don't even know what that is. Is that back before Panic became the Brendon Urie show?

2. Dog with a Blog

trevorshmevor and Night_Sky like this.
  3. Night_Sky

Regular

You are a dog after my own heart :heart:

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Haha, I actually don’t like Blink like, at all, but Tommy DoPingo is one funny dude

5. Night_Sky

Regular

This is my favourite Tony Delbingo song.

6. Dog with a Blog

One of the better B-Sides for sure

7. Night_Sky

Regular

Exactly, can't call yourself a Trey Del-Toro fan if you haven't heard it.

8. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Northern Downpour is a really good song, not much of a Panic fan these days nor was I ever really but that song is a bop

mad, Dog with a Blog and Night_Sky like this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

a fever you cant sweat out is an absolutely terrible album that i really like for nostalgia and thats it

swboyd, Vase Full Of Rocks and Kiana like this.
  10. Borat 2: Vengeance

idk how you can distinguish liking something for nostalgia as opposed to "genuinely" liking something

11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

angry react

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

if i heard it today for the first time id absolutely hate everything about it

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Fever aged badly imo. I still listen to it sometimes cause I was super into it as a youth but when I go back to it it's very dated.

14. Borat 2: Vengeance

Yeah...I can see that.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think hating it today is more a reflection than one’s changing tastes than the actual quality of the music, especially that particular record. Sure some things age better than others, but to Fever’s credit it was quite unique for the scene and it’s easy to see why it was popular. those songs are catchy no matter how old you are.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I wish more things sounded like that album. I love that sound.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Nearly every melody on it is a gem, imo. Aside from some unfortunate lyrics, I love everything about it.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hahaah i knew you'd be in here after our convo last night

19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I feel the same way about Fever now that I did then. Lots of fun. Some amazing/catchy melodies. A lot (a majority?) of clunky lyrics. A sometimes interesting, sometimes obnoxious cabaret streak.

Only difference is then I hoped it was a start on the way to greatness. Now I just appreciate it for what it is.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly, if we are talking about music you've fucked to, I have a story that goes back to the neon haired days of 2009.

You know when it was a thing to have random songs on your phone and play it out of the shitty speakers all the damn time? I was seeing a girl who did that, and she had them on shuffle round hers. It went through the usual emo bands, Underoath, Taking Back Sunday, the usual pop punk stuff, but we weren't paying much attention obviously.

Then it started playing Brokencyde. I didn't know what to do. The phone was out of reach...

Was it socially acceptable to stop and go change the music? It wasn't my phone, or house, and it was technically the first time I had had sex. I carried on and the next three minutes were some of the saddest ever.

I lost my virginity to Brokencyde. Let that sink in.

21. Dog with a Blog

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Wow. And I thought I was scarred for life.

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Colour and The Shape was the album I lost my virginity to. Turns out one of my friends told me it was hers as well.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

25. JM95

Trusted

Perfect opportunity to recreate it for old time's sake...