Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 561

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've only heard papa roach singles but I angstily jam it out to Scars on the reg I don't even caaaare

inspectorkemp likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I won't pretend there wasn't a time I really enjoyed that Getting Away With Murder album

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve never been into them outside of their two main singles but I’d be lying if I said Last Resort wasn’t a blast to play on guitar.

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

"Blood Brothers" was in THPS2 and I will still fight for that song to this day. And I can never truly shit on "Last Resort". That was the only song that got me to throw down at middle school dances.

5. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Imo Infest and Getting Away With Murder are both very solid albums (particularly Infest), after that they've had great radio rock songs here and there across all their albums.

6. lightning

I've liked EDM for a decade and it's one of the few genres I haven't stopped liking.

It makes me feel better, and is great for my stress.

I don't go to shows and am not involved in the scene, but the music is something that has been and still is a huge part of my life.

I've even gotten people on here to enjoy full albums (hi @cshadows2887).

I'm not saying this is comparable to oppression or bigotry at all. It's just the other day I saw a tweet that said "I don't trust people who like EDM", and I got pissed off as hell lol. It just seems it's STILL the one genre that's acceptable to shit on.

I'm a woc myself and I love the music a ton.

If you wanna talk about toxic and problematic scenes I can easily point to pop punk.

And people who otherwise get mad about people generalizing genres but do that themselves are hypocrites.

everyone thinks they have good taste in music, but that's subjective.

/rant

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

part of the problem is that people consider anything electronic to be part of "edm" when electronic music (and dance music in general) is such a wide, diverse genre that if you shit on "edm" you're basically like shitting on "rock" music. it's mostly just uninformed people as a whole putting a a massive group of music into a microcosm of what they think is bad. when there's plenty of music that is electronic dance music that isn't dubstep or trance or whatever

8. lightning

Well I *do* like dubstep and trance, as well as house and ambient music.

I like everything from bonobo to slushii, haha.

sophos34 likes this.
  9. I was really into that Richard Humpty vission / bad boy bill “house connection” CD when I was a kid. One time blink used it in one of their old videos cheetah used to do on their site and I was DYINGGG

10. cwhit

oh yeah I wasn’t saying anything about your tastes, focusing more on why some people slam it as a whole having no more knowledge of the genre than hearing some frat bro blast it in his car. it’s too diverse to judge like that

lightning likes this.
  11. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

whenever im asked what kind of music i listen to and i say electronic music i have to follow it up with some sort of confusing explanation as to what i mean by "electronic music" and i probably sound like a douchebag, but then when i dont explain myself people are always like "oh me too bro, we should go clubbing" and then i have to explain anyways and i feel like even more of a douche.

ChiliTacos and amorningofsleep like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I used to be a trance hater but now I love trance lol

FTank and lightning like this.
  13. lightning

I still remember you and Ryan literally bullying me on AP about it. >_> What do you listen to? lol

sophos34 likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Random mixes on YouTube haha

lightning likes this.
  15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Usually when I'm gaming

lightning likes this.
  16. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

7 string guitars sound cooler than six strings

17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

"Electronics, you know.....like microwaves beeping and that sound a PC makes when it turns on."

just tell em that from now on

18. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Pretty sure you just described Windows XP memes.

David Parke likes this.
  19. lightning

i messaged you a bunch of albums, hope you find something to enjoy from them. :D

20. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

God I remember how much follow-up explanation the phrase "I make electronic music" used to take.

sophos34 likes this.
  21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Oceanlab!!!!

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

So much this

cshadows2887 likes this.
  23. primavera

yes agreed

24. cwhit Mar 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2018)
    cwhit

you’re saying you can’t pump your fist to your electronic music????

25. primavera

is this in english

brandon_260 and sophos34 like this.