Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 487

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

Nabokov. ; )

George likes this.
  2. George Jul 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2017)
    George

Trusted Prestigious

I genuinely had no idea until Wiki-ing him just now that he wrote in English. I just assumed he wrote in Russian and everything was a translation!

But yes, he would (presumably, I've never actually read his work...) also count!.

Never heard his music though...

3. Blaine Ryan

Ironically, age and experience tend to make you realize how silly it is to get all holier than thou about music you don't like.

4. Blaine Ryan

Absolutely true for me as well.

5. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Oh, yeah, seconding this. Papa Roach is a damn solid band and one of my all-time favorites. Cherished them since I was 12 years old and I still think their discography is nigh-flawless.

Except Lovehatetragedy.

Fuck Lovehatetragedy.

6. Horrorca

Trusted

thank you, Joel

7. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I will never understand why people get so legitimately hurt by this

edit: I deleted my post because I wasn't sure if it was clear lol

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

it is in no way bad to say you are more likely to enjoy ____ if you grew up listening to ____ than if you were to discover them later on in life. how you are exposed to and experience things earlier in life can inform how you perceive them later and maybe increase your affinity towards them through nostalgia/memories that positively reinforce those views
    it is in no way bad to assume that your tastes should change and progress as you grow older - my tastes have expanded and improved drastically from my formative years to adulthood and if anything I think it's far more worrisome if they don't. I'm not the same person I was in high school and it's fine if you still like things from that era of your life but nobody should be insulted if I don't

FTank likes this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I first listened to The All-American Rejects "Move Along" when I was 10 and I was blown away. If I had heard that album for the first time today I doubt I would like it. Time and place definitely can influence your opinions.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  10. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I did not take Horrorca's post to be an affront towards anyone

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I just revisited that song today actually because I wanted to play it on guitar and I still think it's a banger. That was the first CD I ever bought with my own money

ComedownMachine likes this.
  12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I sat through A Tribe Called Quest while waiting for Frank Ocean the other day and while I assume their actual albums are better than their live performance, I just wasn't feeling it

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You saw ATCQ at potentially their last show ever and weren't feeling it???????

CoffeeEyes17, coleslawed, mad and 3 others like this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I mean, his name is literally "a machine that produces disappointment."

coleslawed and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I probably would have enjoyed it more if I did my research beforehand. I'm never really that into live performances of stuff I don't already know

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

my friend saw them two weekends ago at pitchfork and said it was one of his top 10 shows ever.

17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and cwhit like this.
  19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This isn't unpopular but she helped me determine that Chiodos and Scary Kids were only okay acts in their scene and look even worse the older I get.

The older I get the more I enjoy Pink Floyd.

Age just means more time for an expanded perspective

Unpopular opinion - 1975 is not the greatest thing and pine grove needs a 2nd really good album before I crown them anything

20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the 1975 saved my life in a way no other band has, so they'll always be the greatest to me. you see, I like being alive

CoffeeEyes17, coleslawed, mad and 3 others like this.
  21. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Glad you are alive.

But I stand by my unpopular opinion

22. Probably not that unpopular here but Let It Go from Frozen sucks and I 1000% fail to see how it was some kind of reform to *~*rEaL cLaSsIc DiSnEy MuSic*~* like I heard so many people say when that movie came out

mad likes this.
  23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

"Let It Go" > "I'll Make A Man Out Of You"

cshadows2887 likes this.
  24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Alright. Too offensive. I'm done with this fucking thread.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

A Whole New World is the best Disney song
    Perhaps not unpopular but