Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 441

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Snoop Dogg showed up like 40 minutes late to his Riot Fest show and then he complained that they were only letting him play 20 minutes (I mean I know it's Snoop Dogg, but it still irritated me), so I feel you on that haha

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hurley is a good album god damn

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

That album is trash water. "Ruling Me" is kind of dope but I'm pretty sure it's a rehash of a different single

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Memories is one of my favorite Weezer songs.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

To be fair I haven't listened to that album in like six years, as well as any weezer record after Pinkerton lol

6. George May 30, 2017
    (Last edited: May 30, 2017)
    George

Trusted Prestigious

I've definitely stated this opinion a few dozens times before, but....

Enter Shikari are wayyyy better than you think they are. I've been listening to them a lot recently, and they're absolutely one of my favourite bands at this point. Even the stuff I didn't think I cared for (like their first album and some of their "sillier" stuff), I've really come round on. Properly ambitious sonically and thoroughly English and political. They have this reputation of being like a novelty band, a one trick pony, but I think that's hugely unfair, and does them a massive disservice.

They sound like they're having an absolute blast making their records - and every single one is packed full of these wonderfully layered and interesting tracks. Listening to their discography a lot, there's some great songs buried in there that even I'd underrated. Adieu, Kicking Back on the Surface of Your Cheek, Fanfare for the Conscious Man, Gap in The Fence, Constellations, Acid Nation, Pack of Thieves, The Jester - all these deep cuts that are just brilliant.

I will have my defence of them etched onto my tombstone - they're a much better band than I think they're given credit for.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Can we get examples of his nice guy stuff being awful?

9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Hurley is fine, better than Rad or Red imo

Aregala and ECV like this.
  10. Hurley is like the best bad Weezer album but there's a pretty big gap between Everything Will Be Alright In The End and Hurley in terms of quality

Aregala likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

perfect yes this

ECV and FTank like this.
  12. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I have a ton of weird nostalgia for the Red album because my first concert ever was seeing them on that tour with Angels and Airwaves (Tom came out and sang some of The Sweater Song) and Tokyo Police Club but yeah most of it is very bad and dumb

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like every Weezer album has at least some classics, Blue is the only one I really listen to front to back

Aregala likes this.
  15. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

yeah I'm sure this has been said 1,000000000 times but if you compiled the best 1-2 tracks off every album from Green to Hurley you could make a pretty nice record

16. thenewmatthewperry

"I Don't Think It Is" is Say Anything's best record.

17. Woof

18. CoffeeEyes17

Pinkerton, White, Blue, EWBAITE, and Maladroit I can listen to front to back no issues and very much enjoy them.

Make Believe, Red, Green, and Hurley are more uneven but have some great songs. The thing I dislike most on Red is the other members songs. Scott's song is creepy lol. Make Believe is fine kinda plodding but not as bad as it's made out to be. Hurley is like by-the-numbers Weezer a bit basic but still worthwhile. Green is also kinda basic pop rock but it's got a lot of fun energy to it.

Raditude has maybe 2 songs I like and a couple others I tolerate.

Aregala likes this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Hot take but the highs on Raditude are better than the highs on Green which is by far their least interesting record (but obviously Raditude has the lowest lows)

ECV and Aregala like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I can listen to zero Weezer albums from to back. They're a greatest hits band. Every album (except maybe the last couple) have at least one of their best songs on it. I think they are actually pretty consistent in that regard.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I can listen to almost none of their songs.

marsupial jones, zmtr and CarpetElf like this.
  22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

why listen to weezer when you can listen to rozwell kid instead?

swboyd and CarpetElf like this.
  23. thenewmatthewperry

24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

was waiting for you to come in and post this lol

SpyKi and cwhit like this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Typically I prefer name brand over great value

inspectorkemp and Jose like this.