Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bad opinions • Page 440

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by KimmyGibbler, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I've loved two things he's ever been a part of: that Taylor Swift song and "Castle on the Hill." Otherwise, whatever.

Though I also roll my eyes every time I hear that "Thinking Out Loud" song, if only because it was everyone's wedding song for like a two-year period.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I know I've probably heard an Ed Sheeren song but I don't know what it is.

3. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Liking his songs is almost as bad as defending him as a person tbh!

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Jake stopped discussing the issue at hand. I accepted that was the end of it.

5. cshadows2887

6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

fair enough i suppose.

positive vibes everyone lets all gather round a barrel and shoot some fucking fish together.

ill take the first lashing: Raditude is better than I remember it being. Its still BAD mind you, but idk maybe im just accustomed to how awful like 70% of it is

7. cshadows2887

Is it controversial to think the new mix for the deluxe edition of Sgt. Pepper's is awful?

8. CoffeeEyes17

i didnt even know there was a deluxe edition of SP already out i knew they teased something about it

9. zmtr

Trusted

I loved it.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Modest Mouse is not very good and even worse live.

I've never seen a single video that's made me want to see The Hotelier live. And I love the Hotelier.

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Sgt Pepper the song was on the radio yesterday and I still hate it.

12. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I still haven't listened to it but I loved hearing all the outtakes / studio chatter / initial versions of things

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah they aren't the best live band. it's the songs that make the shows fun, not the band itself

though i have been to some shows where they have been very very good

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That video where they play all of Home for a packed room made me want to see them so badly. I had a fantastic time both times I've seen them.

CoffeeEyes17 and CarpetElf like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's what I think. I think they could be great but it's like every venue doesn't have a sound guy. Do they do the sound check themselves? There's always something off in videos I see

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I actually enjoy them more live than I do on record, but I agree I've never been able to really get into them past a few songs.

17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm still salty af that modest mouse came on late when I saw them lol. It wasn't necessarily bad, but prob one of the least fave shows I've been to.

18. cshadows2887

They try so hard to make it modern and create space, but it just sucks all the energy and vibrancy out of it because it was never intended for that.

19. cshadows2887

Those were...less revelatory than I expected. Pretty much show they were a good band who were helped a lot by a great ear for overdubs and the fortune of having George Martin at their disposal. They also really knew how to pick the best take.

Aregala likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

omg i love that video plus the live video they released like, a day or so after Home was released. They played like 6 or 7 songs.

this one

SpyKi likes this.
  21. George

Trusted Prestigious

What's different / new about it compared to the remastered edition they brought out in 2009(???)?

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

The Hotelier is a million times better with Scott live

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

"I'm Your Daddy" has a fantastic hook, which I think alone puts it over Hurley

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

hey let's not diss jade jade was great

25. cshadows2887

It's not just a remaster, which generally tries to stay faithful to the original. It's a new mix entirely. It's got zero life/excitement in it.

George likes this.