Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular General Opinions • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

These are not good things. @sophos34 was right to say you should be concerned.

Wharf Rat and sophos34 like this.
  2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the double standard of alcohol and other drugs in society is ridic. if I talked about how heroin made me more social y'all would be mortified

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I always tell myself I'm going to start drinking only water and then I get a Dr Pepper/Coca Cola and I'm like ok no I can't have only water.

Ken likes this.
  4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

this is the most incomprehensible thing i have ever read on this site

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I drink too much Coke so I decided to replace it with Sprite (which I don't drink that much of) and just get Coke at restaurants. it's already helping. I drink water every day but I need to drink more. we all probably do

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah but people don't socially use heroin lol

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Heroin is a lot worse than alcohol though right? I think people are still kind of wary about alcohol consumption when it becomes a problem or a scary amount but to me, any amount of heroin is a scary amount.

Something like weed though, no one would care.

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish I lived next to the sea and wasn't at work right now. there's 2 things to be happy about.

PandaBear! likes this.
  9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i try to drink 3/4 of a gallon of water a day at least

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

A what? Never heard of one of those...

Lol, but I tried doing that in my 2nd year (back in 2009/10) and it ended up being me staying home drinking bottles of hard liquor. I actually think the day I signed up for AP I was wasted alone on Sambuca listening to Animal Collective (hence the username) and I just had to hit back at some troll like Sweezy or someone similar for being a douche. But that year I got alcohol bloat pretty bad and would drink instead of eating. Do not recommend at all...

Ken and SpyKi like this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined

dadbolt, fame and PandaBear! like this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Just because of the stigma

dadbolt likes this.
  13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

wtf???

14. angrycandy

I think Jake's point (if I'm not mistaken) is that alcohol is every bit as insidious a drug as any other but it is celebrated in our culture. I agree

dadbolt, Fucking Dustin, fame and 2 others like this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Used to be true, not in the past 5 years though :/

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my brother a few months ago decided to only drink water no matter where we go and it was the worse.

All these food places water cups are super small and it's like how are you guys doing this.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Exactly

The rehab I went to and still go to group at is mainly opiates and alcohol. The two substances aren't that different at all

dadbolt and angrycandy like this.
  18. angrycandy

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe start by drinking teas and juices. liquids that are closer to pure water with less sugar.

Ken likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Prob due to overprescribing opiates which is a big problem driving people to h

dadbolt, Ken and oldjersey like this.
  21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

It was very misty today, so I def looked up and enjoyed the mist rolling in from the sea, s/o Paul McCartney

oldjersey likes this.
  22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah like water down your OJ or whatever

Wharf Rat and sophos34 like this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I work in rehab, this is true. Booze takes longer to start to do considerable damage though.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah but that's because more people do alcohol. I think if you took a percentage of the people who drink alcohol and had it become a serious life threatening issue, it would be smaller than the percentage of heroin users.

I mean I personally wouldn't dare try heroin just because of how addictive it is. I've drunk a ton of alcohol and I don't feel the need to ever drink again.

I've had an uncle die from alcohol abuse and one die from heroin abuse though so I understand how both are dangerous and I do get your general point about how alcohol is accepted by society I just still think heroin is a big step up from alcohol.

ChaseTx and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious