Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular General Opinions • Page 80

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 7, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby Mar 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2017)
    TedSchmosby

Trusted

I grew up in a small town and have always dreamed of going to somewhere like LA, NYC or San Francisco, where I'd surely meet loads of interesting people my first day there, be somebody, and go on all sorts of life altering adventures. I've watched so much tv and movies that I can't help but romanticize America in general. I moved to the capital of Canada recently, and I don't like it at all, but I'm still naively telling myself that somewhere like the Big Apple would be different - fuckin Spider-Man after all.

I think at the beginning of Spring, my roommate and I are going to drive down to New York, get a dose of reality, and quash these delusions for good.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I could never do LA, it's so spread out and driving makes me anxious, wish all cities had public transportation like NYC, not just cities too but I know that's less realistic

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

It's okay here.

4. Dog with a Blog

IMG_2024.jpg

This is probably the coolest place I went to in LA. Yes, it's a random cluttered garage, upon first glance, but it's so much more than that! That fridge in the back is actually a door to a pretty damn big bar with an amazing 1970's atmosphere. Good Times at Davey Wayne's. Check it out if you're ever in LA

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Went to LA one time when I was younger. Dad was driving from San Diego. Traffic was a fucking shit show. Never want to go back.

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Driving in Washington D.C. took years off of my life.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Driving in LA was easier than driving in Houston or Austin

Dallas is probably equally bad but I'm so used to it I don't realize it

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't know how anyone drives in NYC

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It's so fun

Like I've never had more fun driving than in NYC

Parking is a different story

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

NYC lanes are too close together. I'd no doubt hit something or someone.

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Never ever come to Boston

12. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

miami driving is an absolute disaster, didnt have much of a problem in la or texas but i didnt even dare to drive in nyc

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

I absolutely hate owning a car in this godforsaken city, especially in conjunction with having a job that requires me to drive around greater Boston all day. Absolutely blood boiling

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Bidets are clearly superior to toilets. There is really no way we should be handling our own poop in 2017.

I may not know much in this life, but what I do know is the toilet paper industry won huuuuge.

cherrywaves likes this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

I use exclusively wipes and not toilet paper, and have no clue why I feel like I'm alone on that

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Do those not clog up the toilet? I feel like it would.

domotime2 likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I would but I feel like it would be way more expensive. They're definitely great when needed

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Not in my experience lol

And you get what you pay for hah

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Resurrecting this thread.

I don't really like the stuffing in Oreos but love the cookie. Oreo Thins are great but just seeing the "double stuffed" Oreos makes me nauseous.

20. Dog with a Blog

Lol. All about Mega Stuffed Oreos and a glass of milk yo

21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I told myself I'd never live in LA but I'm gonna be working there soon lmao. don't know exactly where I'll live but we'll be getting an office in Santa Monica or Venice, which is literally where all of the memes you see/hear about LA are actually true. Vegan, non-gmo, works out 3 times a day, gets guac on everything LA. Not that any of that is bad but the personalities there are a bit much. I've grown to appreciate LA a bit more though, art scene there is basically unbeatable in every format. just a bit pretentious.

22. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

not gonna lie you'll definitely meet interesting people in big cities, that's a given. I grew up in a small town in AZ, and lived in the outskirts where the nearest neighbor was half a mile away, most "interesting" people you'd meet there were on meth hah. New York is amazing, saw more things there in a week than i had my whole time in AZ. LA is cool, I guess maybe I'm a bit biased against it cuz i'm not a fan of the whole SoCal culture but you'll meet some insanely creative people there.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Man I can't wait to live in L.A. Two more months! I'm so tired of the Bay Area

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I feel like everyone hates the word "moist" but I have no problem with it. I hate the word "lotus" tho

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

because it reminds you that Christina hasn't released an album in 5 years?