Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular General Opinions • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Garrett Dec 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2016)
    Garrett

it's a banger Moderator

Edit: I said this in a way I didn't exactly mean and explained it better later on.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

HP has seven brilliant books, a very good play, and nine movies ranging from bad to good but mostly of in between. Star Wars has two brilliant films, one good one, four bad ones, and an endless, inconsequential expanded universe that every time I've given it a shot I've been so bored I just continue to pretend they don't exist because it's that inconsequential.

Both are headed towards (or already past) being marketed and franchised into such oblivion that the actual quality of any art they produce will suffer as the priority is to endlessly milk the properties for everything they can. Marvel is there too, DC is trying to be there except their movies are poo. It all bums me out.

lish and FrenzalRob like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay

I'm literally going through this thread liking the posts i agree with and skimming over the ones i disagree with, why have you all done this

but yeah The Walking Dead is a trash show and people who enjoy it don't know what good television is

4. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, Australia

I agree with all the marketing/franchising stuff you said there. It all seems a bit much. As much as I disagree with your thoughts on the Star Wars films, you make a good point about them as properties.

Marvel has become so fucking convoluted it's ridiculous. The latest Captain America was essentially an Avengers movie, and I'm worried they're gonna fuck with X-Men (still good), Guardians Of The Galaxy (loved it) and the new Spiderman. DC could have been the cool, dark, gritty side of superhero movies but they fucked that up too.

hypernights., lish and Ken like this.
  5. FTank

Trusted Prestigious

Always has been among people I've talked to IRL

6. FTank

Trusted Prestigious

I would also say Harry Potter > Star Wars.

And I think it's pretty hyperbolic to say anything has the "worst fanbase". In my experience, worst fanbases always seem to belong to precisely the things one doesnt like.

PandaBear!, ChaseTx and theagentcoma like this.
  7. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, Australia

Bad fanbases exist when those fanbases fucking froth at whatever their precious thing is, and give no regard or respect to anything but that particular thing. It's cool if you love something to a point of obsession, just don't be a dick about it.

ie, One Direction/Bieber/5SOS fans.

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

large.gif

dadbolt, Fucking Dustin, lish and 6 others like this.
  9. sophos34

alive and getting better every day Prestigious

im into fantasy but video games > movies. warcraft universe is my bread and butter, i know all the lore. and im starting to get familiar with elder scrolls lore and i wanna dive more into the lore of the witcher series.

dadbolt, lish and lightning13 like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

got my own hell to raise Platinum

hating the Kardashians and reality tv in general is lame

dadbolt, lish, Robk and 3 others like this.
  11. sophos34

what are video games doing to children's literacy? first of all, theres plenty of video games that require reading. second of all, video games are extremely good for problem solving and critical thinking skills. if there's something going on with children's literacy (you got a link to any studies?), i highly doubt the blame can be placed solely on video games

lish, Robk, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  12. sophos34

this movie is the best ive ever seen in my life (just saw it for the first time two days ago)

ChaseTx and FrenzalRob like this.
  13. Kiana

Like most celebs, the kards are usually criticized for the wrong reasons and then when they do something actually worth criticizing, like fetishizing black men, it's radio silence

14. Kiana Dec 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 7, 2016)
    Kiana

I like the Hobbit but when I tried reading the Fellowship of the Rings it was so boring I almost died like dude I don't need 3000 pages describing one place get outta here.

People who always feel warm are annoying. like not just cause they're hot but when they gotta alter the temp just for them. like they admit they're warm blooded but then insist that a reasonably temped room is too hot and I'm like naw get outta here ur biased and ur opinion doesn't matter! idk. I know I'm cold all the time so I never alter the temp of the office unless someone else says they're cold or I'm alone cause I know I'm the cold weirdo and that's unfair to everyone else. warm blooded peeps need to extend the same courtetsy, thanks!!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. alex

notgonz Prestigious

If you're an adult male you should wear a belt every time you leave the house unless your outfit doesn't allow for it (athletic shorts, swimming trunks, etc.)

Signifire and OhTheWater like this.
  16. alex

notgonz Prestigious

If the Harry Potter play is adequately captured by its wikipedia summary then it has to be one of the dumbest things ever

17. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i want all fast/junk food places gone. i can't believe i used to eat so much mcdonalds.
    frozen was way too over rated. and the 'fixer upper' song was disgusting and appalling.
    i don't like brave. i don't think it's some ~feminist beacon~ of a movie.

18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i just don't care for them at all and thus don't really care for defending them either

woooo i'm not in the mood today! or am i ever?

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Could you give examples or elaborate on this? I've just not heard this before haha

20. ReginaPhilange

FKA Jacob Prestigious

Not to pile on Garret but I'm curious where that coming from. Some of the best/most avid video game players amongst my friends in high school were some of the most well read people I knew

Your Milkshake and ChaseTx like this.
  21. ReginaPhilange

FKA Jacob Prestigious

Actually met them through sc2 at my high school haha

22. George

Trusted Prestigious

I eat kiwi fruit with the skin on. They're much tastier whole.

Kiana and ChaseTx like this.
  23. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

I always forget some people peel it off. weirdos

24. ChaseTx

Nuke the site from orbit. The only way to be sure Prestigious

Harry Potter is a great book series. I imagine I'd be much less interested in it if the movies were my introduction to the story

25. ReginaPhilange

FKA Jacob Prestigious

I only read the books if I hadn't seen the movie of it yet. So I think that was 4-7. I always considered going back to read 1-3 but I just don't think I could keep interest -- I have that problem with reading books of movies I've seen.

ChaseTx likes this.