Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular General Opinions • Page 174

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I’m curious how many people agree with this @CarpetElf take from another thread:

“I’d rather pay $5k than run 5km”

it was probably a joke but let’s roll with it haha I’m curious who actually would

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

insanity

domotime2 likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

i edited to clarify that he probably wasn’t serious haha

Sean Murphy likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I’d run 10k right now for $5k. My body is an unpaid machine.

Ken, CarpetElf, Sean Murphy and 2 others like this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

right like if that was the prize I’d start training & running places now lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

If I knew where 5k was, I’d run to it wherever it was. I’ll put it that way. I’d get to it. Via plane, boat, whatever :crylaugh: now that’s a direct challenge @Dirty Sanchez give me the coordinates

and also @CarpetElf lmao I tagged the wrong person

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm not particularly "fit" or whatever but I did a 5k and it was not that hard

OhTheWater and Randall Mentzos like this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Yeah I think 5k is well within the range of being a realistic goal for most non disabled folks

It’s one of the most common training goals for out of shape folks trying to get healthier and lose a bit of extra weight

9. Randall Mentzos

MORE than 5k is what separates the dedicated runners from those just trying to stay in shape

10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

A 5k is 12.5 laps around a track. Even if you’re out of shape, if you don’t have any sort of relevant disability then the average person could probably pull that off in like 30min or less no problem

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg it took me 40 minutes to do a 5k leave me alone

Orla, Mr. Serotonin, Lucas27 and 8 others like this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

You’re above average

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I checked a 5k is like 3 miles, a 15 minute mile is cromulent

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I don't know what cromulent means I just feel so v attacked in this thread tonight

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's fake word from the Simpsons, it means acceptable haha

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

It's what British people have with their tea

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Mayonnaise is disgusting.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Is that unpopular though?

20. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Yes, an alarming amount of people consider mayonnaise an acceptable condiment.

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

22. mayonnaise rules

23. chris

Trusted Supporter

Mayo is fine to good

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Mayo is trash; I have to scrap it off if I ever come across it on a burger or sandwich

Mary V likes this.
  25. Randall Mentzos Dec 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 17, 2021)
    Randall Mentzos

Tangy Aioli sauces / Ranch dressing as a light accent sauce on something meaty or starchy? Yes

a TINY amount on sandwiches and in egg salad and tuna salad, just so it’s not super dry? Sure.

Making grilled cheeses with Mayo instead of butter as a crusting agent? Definitely, the egg in the Mayo works wonders there.

But, if Mayo is in any other situation? Or, if some douche gets too cute with the spreading knife and puts more than a *very modest amount* of Mayo / Mayo based sauce on any of these things? B A R F.

basically I don’t ever want to taste it, it is strictly only for texture & something to blend all the other flavors together. It needs to either be the THINNEST layer, or it needs to be mixed with a lot of spices / other sauces like mustard to the point where the Mayo taste is not even recognizable. Hell, I don’t even like Hidden Valley Ranch or Ken’s Blue Cheese etc shitty brand name cream dressings like that because you can taste the Mayo too much.

I’ll throw a whole sandwich I just ordered in the garbage if they don’t listen when I say “please very light mayonnaise”. And if it’s a place that has good vinegar & oil (like Jersey Mike’s) I just skip the Mayo cause that’s a way better way to avoid a dry sandwich