Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular General Opinions • Page 150

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sophos34, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Remember, Sandy Cohen was a public defender.

Kiana likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Mint chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough have always been tied for my favorite ice cream flavors

3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah I grew up on mint chocolate chip and it’s still my go-to, definitely my introduction to mint chocolate flavored sweets.

These are absolutely amazing but seasonal and hard to find in stores at all these days:

4053DC08-E6BD-488F-A54E-23200CF8675E.jpeg

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Oh and Andes mints were great every time we went to Olive Garden lol

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mint oreo ice cream is great too

nl5011, trevorshmevor and ChaseTx like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Gross

7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Girl Scout Cookies strict yearly schedule is clearly capitalism, it creates artificial scarcity to drive up prices for profit

Leftandleaving, Ken, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Peppermint patty’s are good if you’re 75+

9. ChaseTx

Girl Scouts are greedy little vultures

10. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I just tell them I'm diabetic and that their cookies will literally kill me if I eat them, shuts 'em up every time

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. BradBradley

Regular

I guess I like supporting my local Girl Scout troops. This is probably the part where someone swoops in and pulls an Adam Ruins Everything to tell me that though well-intentioned, I am actually doing more harm than good. I dunno! I’m sure to a good extent, you’re right: not selling them year round definitely allows them to charge a little more. That said, part of the reason that they don’t sell them year round is because selling cookies is one of seven annual projects that the Girl Scouts do (source: the back of my box of Tagalongs). From another practical perspective, the fun of selling cookies would probably run out pretty quickly once they hit their twentieth time camping outside of a Walmart for four hours (also, good luck finding troop leaders or parent volunteers who would go along with a sales period much longer than what they already have).

Colby Searcy and ChaseTx like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

ChaseTx, Signifire and Ken like this.
  14. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I'm just being silly. If you boycotted everything that was capitalism you wouldn't be able to buy anything

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This is who I picture whenever I think of public defenders! Wish the ones I worked with were Sandy Cohen's smh!

Ken likes this.
  16. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Craft beer is fucking overrated.

Borat likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Nah

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

There is a lot of bad craft beer out there that is overrated, but some of it is fucking delicious.

19. Dog with a Blog

I can understand being annoyed with certain beer drinkers though. I love me a good craft beer but I’m not gonna give you shit for drinking a corona or whatever but there are people who will

Borat, trevorshmevor and Ken like this.
  20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I visited some friends in Boulder last year. They were having a cookout and it was in late May, so it was pretty warm out and I figured I would want a drinkable, light beer to enjoy along with the large variety of heavy crafts that would be there. I bought a case of corona light, anticipating eye rolls, and sure enough, I got them from multiple people. My one friend said “corona light?! We have good beer out here!” A few hours later, she was drinking corona light along with about half of the crowd at the picnic haha. I like to think there’s a time and place for most beverages. Except Zima. There’s never a time or place for that.

21. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I work at a liquor store in a town that's a little more upper class. These beer snobs will call breweries to figure out when they're going to deliver to our store, and then they'll show up before the delivery truck and loiter around in the store. Just so they can pay $20 for a four pack of beer they've never had. I will never understand.

Borat likes this.
  22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

One time when I lived in pdx I was on a beer run for a friend and the cashier judged and gave her opinion on every kind of beer I got and I was like ......I don't care lmao it's all garbage to me.

SlappinCups and Ken like this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

I used to be like "oh, what's the fanciest beer with the coolest name I can get" and then 6 months later I realized I was a fucking moron and now I only drink PBR and Old Style so that's how that turned out

Borat likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

one time at a restaurant I hadn't heard of most of the beers on the menu, so I was just googling them one by one and wanting to choose whatever one had the coolest looking can/bottle

and that's the story of how I found out Montucky Cold Snacks exist and they come in the coolest cans ever

pure swill, but that can tho

Dinosaurs Dish and elwayinthe4th like this.
  25. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

YES I LITERALLY HAD THAT LAST NIGHT AND MY GIRLFRIEND JUDGED ME! There's this place we go to that has a beer and a bump for five bucks and that's one of the beers .

theagentcoma likes this.