Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 96

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

The funniest thing I've ever seen Will Ferrell in was that old viral video where his landlord was a little girl

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Can I have four beers?

Doomsday likes this.
  4. Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Just in case you haven't already seen this, but the outtakes for this video are straight up adorable

5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Stepbrothers, Talladega Nights, and The Other Guys is the holy trinity of my teenage movie collection

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

let the boy watch

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

...hwhooo...

8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

His role in Austin Powers is great

And most of his 00s movies are good. I would take a movie on par with most of those compared to the absolute dearth of comedies we have right now

shouts out Semi Pro which idt has been mentioned yet.

Vase Full Of Rocks and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i always say that i really dont think he's very funny and people ::white guy blinking gif:: me - i always prefer him more in smaller/cameo roles. like his scenes in wedding crashers. him in full lenghts, no thanks. anchorman is ruined by how often it's still quoted.

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

the tiny cell phone kills me every time

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

While we're on the Frat Pack, I just want to say that Vince Vaughn was never funny.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Adam Sandler has a better filmography than he gets credit for. Even his derided works lean so hard into prosthetics and absurdity that they end up being uniquely themselves. Shaq throwing a dude over a roof in one of the Grown Ups, Al Pacino's "Dunk-acino" commercial in Jack and Jill, and having just watched Just Go with It, a tear rolling down Sandler's ridiculous prosthetic nose as he overhears that his fiancé cheated on him gave me A+ laughs.

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Vince has always been funny. Part of the delight of seeing him this season in Curb was him getting back to comedy and actually being funny again. Then again, he seems like a total shit head and he can go get fucked with his best buddy Mel.

Ken likes this.
  14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s crazy how much better Ferrell is than all of the other Frat Pack members (if we’re considering the 7 people listed on the Wiki page). Steve Carell is great and all but his comedy filmography doesn’t come close to Ferrell’s

Vase Full Of Rocks and phaynes12 like this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think Vince can be funny but isn’t in a ton of funny movies.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think Carell is the funniest and most talented of the bunch. But he's absolute shit at choosing most of his movies.

17. Nathan

Vaughn is a good actor and can deliver comedic lines but his good roles are few and far between.

trevorshmevor and CarpetElf like this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Wait, Vaughn was good in "Fighting With My Family." I'll give him that.

Tim likes this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Really love that film a surprising amount. Funny that it was my introduction to the fabulous Florence Pugh.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Underrated movie. A nice start to the Florencessaince.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Tim like this.
  21. Nathan

It’s solid. Nick Frost is fantastic. I remember seeing that and Tomb Raider, which was fine, but feeling like anytime Frost is onscreen there’s a spark because he’s just such a wonderful screen energy.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I COMPLETELY forgot Will Ferrell was in Austin Powers

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

It's insane how good Al Pacino is in a movie that is, otherwise, one of the absolute worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. The Don Quixote scene is brilliant.

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I know it's not great but I fuck with Predator 2

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

Predator 2 slaps.

Cameron and angrycandy like this.