Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's exactly why he's a bad dad. He doesn't really give a shit lol.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

DBZ < MLP

3. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I wasn’t allowed to watch DBZ as a kid so I just assume every male character from it is Goku.

4. Fair, I definitely read that wrong. Still stand by the rest of my post though — in the times when Goku and Gohan are both alive and on earth they’re basically always training together and bonding. And when they’re not doing either of those things, it’s because Gohan is studying to become a doctor. Goku not being around for a lot of the series because he sacrificed himself to save his son doesn’t make him a bad dad

5. bluecharliedeltaecho Oct 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I watched it intermittently on Toonami as a kid, but what actually hooked me was all the video games

7. Morrissey

Trusted

It was a lot more narratively complex than what we were watching before that. Try watching Power Rangers in 2019 and you can see the difference. I learned about it in middle school during the Frieza saga, and the show expected you to keep up. I had to learn so much about races, why some characters were in heaven, and an overall dense fictional universe. I still keep up with the new episodes out of habit, but most of it makes you roll your eyes.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. personalmaps

Sailor Moon >>>>>>

9. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

Marie Antoinette is Sofia Coppola's best film.

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’ve only seen Somewhere once but at the time I remember thinking it was her best, which is it’s own unpopular opinion.

But Marie Antoinette is a contender. It’s great

12. Morrissey

Trusted

The cold reception for Marie Antoinette and Somewhere really derailed her career.

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’ve seen Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation, and Marie Antoinette and none have really stuck with me at all

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to see Marie Antoinette but I’m not a fan of Lost in Translation. It’s okay.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

AI one of spielberg's absolute best

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've seen Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette, The Bling Ring, & A Very Murray Christmas. Bought Somewhere & The Virgin Suicides super cheap on DVD but haven't watched 'em yet, & also never got around to The Beguiled.

Out of the 4 I've seen, I feel like my favorite is still the popular Lost in Translation pick, though I haven't watched it in quite a while & do wonder if it'll feel the same way now that it did then. I really enjoyed all of 'em, though, even The Bling Ring; dunno how unpopular that opinion is. Definitely wouldn't mind sitting down w/ Marie Antoinette again.

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I rewatched Lost in Translation recently and there’s maybe one or two things I don’t love, as a whole it’s still stellar.

Bling Ring is the only one I haven’t seen. Beguiled was solid.

18. personalmaps

The Virgin Suicides is one of my favorite films of all time. Lost in Translation is much harder to enjoy now with ScarJo and Bill Murray being unrepentant pieces of shit.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Bling Ring is one of my best examples of how a performance can make a movie, Emma Watson is incredible in it
    [​IMG]

Lost In Translation is one of those movies I watched because everyone recommends it and remember nothing about, fascinating that that and Her and two sides of the same story and both star ScarJo

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The Virgin Suicides soundtrack is probably the best part of it. Air fucking rules.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Baby Groot > Baby Yoda

22. mad

I was right. Prestigious

baby grinch > all

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

both wrong

flask likes this.
  24. groot > one more time > driver > grinch > ruth > yoda > bottle pop > jesus > it’s cold outside > shark

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

trevorshmevor likes this.