Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Saw inspired some of my least favorite trends in horror

2. Dog with a Blog

I’ve never seen one. They look bad

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

The original trilogy, hell yeah! the latter ones...well... what are you gonna do

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

while im a huge SAW guy, i will say that another franchise that has slowly been killing it is the PURGE franchise. they've all been relatively solid movies... fun concept...and its one of those ideas where you can go a million ways so the sequels will keep on coming and im actually interested. its not rinse repeat

Kiana likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I haven’t seen them, but what do you mean original trilogy? They released a new Saw movie every year from 2004-2010

6. Kiana

Purge is a nice franchise where the sequels are better than the original

7. Dog with a Blog

The original Halloween is not very good. I understand that it’s an important movie for horror, but by the time I saw it I had already seen horror and was inspired by, and quite frankly, better so it just felt silly to me for the most part. I appreciate it, but I don’t think it’s that great.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like WB cut Brett Ratner loose

9. Kiana

I have such the opposite view. I grew up with it and it did scare me I guess cause I was a kid, but as an adult I have such an appreciation for it now. The score combined with the use of light and shadow just rly works for me. It's such a well made film and I didn't rly notice that when I was younger. I've seen it a million times but for whatever reason last year it really struck a chord with me.

But I also looooove those sequels with Jamie/Danielle Harris that lots of people hate

Doomsday likes this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

Yeah like, from a technical perspective I understand why it’s well regarded. But it’s technicalities aside it’s just so....ridiculous haha

11. Kiana

In some of the movies he drives and I always wonder when he learned to do that between murdering his sister and being hospitalized and all

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It’s still better than the majority of the series

13. Inception doesn't hold up very well. The actions set pieces don't make up for all the gibberish exposition.

I still really like JGL's weird gravity fight scenes though.

14. LJ Rime

Regular

Christopher Nolan is the poor man's Michael Mann.

15. Dog with a Blog

Coach McGuirk is H Jon Benjamin’s best character. Also, Home Movies is incredibly under appreciated

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Great show

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Since it is the unpopular opinion thread, I’d take it even farther and say that it was never as good as people made it out to be. Agreed on the gravity scenes though.

And yes to Home Movies. I’m so glad they’re available to stream again. That’s one of my go-to “put something on” shows along with Futurama. It makes me so happy that Bob’s has had the success I always wanted for Home Movies.

18. Morrissey

Trusted

Inception is generally a waste of time. Having the characters explain everything when it is mostly a silly premise anyway takes away anything worth talking about.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

:heart::heart::heart: it's one of the very best. 4 seasons are not enough.

20. Kiana

I feel like this is popular some places but unpopular other places but Emma Watson is such an awful actress and I feel like people use the fact that they like her as a person/media figure and Hermione nostalgia to trick themselves into thinking she's a good actress. She's not. She is not a good Belle. Her American accent is awful. She was not a good Hermione. She's not good. Some child actors end up clunkers. She is one.

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

during my most recent watch of the Harry Potter movies I noticed that Emma Watson is always breathing sooo heavily during dramatic scenes that I can’t unnotice it now

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

At least Emma Watson isn't as bad as Jennifer Lawrence, both as an actress and as a person.

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd say she's definitely worse as an actress.

Dog with a Blog and stars143 like this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think that while EW may not know how to act well and basically just is flat, JL seemed to learn how to act from Looney Toons. Everything is so over the top and exaggerated.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Watson is miles worse than Lawrence imo