Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 220

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't think 30 rock is funny. Community either

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

it did, absolutely. That's why I like the early-mid seasons better, same with the early seasons of the Office. I liked that slight edge. Parks & Rec was earnest basically from the start and that helped maintain it's consistency so well, I think.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah Community was a chore to get through. Some great stuff. A lot of...not

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

30 Rock is maybe the best sitcom ever

Cameron and The Lucky Moose like this.
  5. soggytime

Trusted

30 Rock & Community > The Office & Parks N Rec any day

Marx&Recreation likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Parks is the only one I ever cared about. 30 Rock is the only other one I'll probably ever rewatch.

7. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

first 3 community seasons are 90% gold

8. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

And then what happened

cshadows2887 likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dan Harmon fans became the most annoying people on the planet, and this is from someone who likes Community and Rick and Morty

Cameron and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

s4 is the only bad season of Community, and s3 is overrated. 5&6 have tons of great stuff

Nathan likes this.
  11. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The earnestness between the characters was what made Parks & Rec my favorite at the time. I actively cared about the characters' relationships in a way I didn't for the others, or at least not as consistently. I haven't watched more than stray episodes in recent years and, as mentioned earlier, don't care to revisit the moments of political earnestness, lol. But, the character relationships ruled.

Community was the only one from those four that I didn't watch, because I couldn't use my friend's Netflix account at the time to catch up, like I did The Office, Parks, and 30 Rock.

SpyKi, Zilla, imthesheriff and 2 others like this.
  13. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Community is great. First 3 seasons are the magic (and even they have slight inconsistency, but it’s a high floor high ceiling IMO). 4 was bad but 5 & 6 were a solid improvement.

14. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Community was brilliant at the start but the rest is a mess. Even when they righted the ship eventually it was a shell of itself

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Community didn't start getting great until the chicken fingers episode. I skip season 1 and 4 a lot

16. Morrissey

Trusted

Community zealots seemed to be the descendants of Arrested Development zealots so I never got around to it.

flask and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  17. RyanPm40

Weird, I love community but could never get into arrested development

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I put off community for a while because the fandom was obnoxious. I eventually got around to it, second half of season one through three are great. Then I gave up a little while into four.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Always Sunny, Parks and Community are my top three shows ever in that order lol

Surfwax likes this.
  20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Tried rewatching community last year and stopped half way through season 2. Way way more misses than hits. Still haven’t gotten around to 30 rock as I’m not a huge Tina Fey fan.

21. soggytime

Trusted

Community Seasons 1-3 are great. S4 is bad but has maybe one or 2 episodes that work. The first half of S5 and the back half of S6 re-capture the magic. It's a bumpy ride but a special show

Orla and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Agree completely, weird how 5 and 6 can so clearly be divided that way. Without having rewatched in a while I can only assume it’s because 5 is good til they lose DG and 6 is bad til the new characters fit.

23. RyanPm40

tumblr_10451a74c31db60e08c803d69c78cc6d_17298227_540.gif
    I just want my man Elroy back

24. Community is an absolute slog to get through.

imthesheriff and Leftandleaving like this.
  25. I could never get into it. And yeah Broad City is very good minus the Hillary episode.

SpyKi likes this.