Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Unpopular Entertainment Opinions • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Aug 16, 2016.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I watched 28 Days Later (again) a few days ago and could not believe how much I hated it

2. Morrissey

Trusted

You are right; I was responding to the idea about bad recent horror.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and angrycandy like this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This truly baffles me. I've heard people say this and I'm just confused.

SpeckledSouls and Larry David like this.
  4. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Death To Smoochy is my favorite Robin Williams comedy.

angel paste likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

Really dumb humor is underrated by intelligent people; I have previously praised MacGruber and people were so confused, but something like A Night at the Roxbury is so absurdly silly that you cannot help but laugh.

6. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I sure don't like Wes Anderson, no idea if that is controversial or not but he has like half of a good movie

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

that movie is so underrated.

Mystery Men is a better super hero movie than any Marvel movie.

8. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

I couldn't agree more.

Halo's lore does not get enough love and people who dismiss it as a dumb 360-no-scopes-with-a-Mountain-Dew-in-hand-and-Doritos-dust-all-over-your-shirt FPS game kill my brain cells. There is more depth to the Halo series and its lore than 90% of other games coming out these days and I will say that to just about anyone.

Mortal Kombat's cast characterizations are criminally underrated.

The Star Wars prequels aren't quite as bad as they're made out to be. Episode I and II are cringey at worst and mildly enjoyable in certain scenes at best, but III hit me so hard to the gut with its ending that I've been genuinely afraid to go back and watch it again ever since I first saw it.

The Walking Dead was good for the first few seasons but now it's gone to complete shit because it never changes its formula.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah, and Halo. I'd take the new Doom over any Halo outside of 2.

10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Speaking of dumb humour, this is how I feel about Wes Anderson:

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

At this point I'm either going to the movies with my best friend or alone...that's it. I couldn't fathom the idea of seeing a movie in a group setting anymore. Ew what's the point in that

marceting likes this.
  12. joe727 Aug 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I believe pro wrestling is a legitimate art form and deserves to be perceived as such. That's not an unpopular opinion for most wrestling fans, but it probably is for the vast majority of people.

This guy makes a better case for "wrestling is art" than I ever could.

13. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I always hated the movie Donnie Darko. I think history has proven me right on that one but back in 2001/2002 that was definitely an unpopular opinion.

I have also hated anything I have ever seen from David Lynch including Twin Peaks.

Davjs, Liz and joe727 like this.
  14. Yeah I always thought Donnie Darko was a bit overrated

angrycandy likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The soundtrack and Sparkle Motion are the only good things about Donnie

16. It's one of those movies that you see as a teenager and you think it's great because you're 15

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was 18 when I thought it was the greatest movie ever made, thank you very much.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Boondock Saints being the prime example

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

marceting and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

It was a dark time when people thought Richard Kelly was going to be an important figure in film. It led to people pretending that Southland Tales was not a disaster.

21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Scrubs is really, really, really terrible. The fact that it lasted 9 seasons blows my mind. Pretty much anything Zach Braff touches isn't worth watching, particularly Garden State.

22. Morrissey

Trusted

I stopped watching Scrubs around the sixth season or so because it felt like it was getting bad. I have never gone back to see if it was always that way.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I guess this goes here, I don't like the idea of binge watching shows, it makes discussion harder and also I can't process more than like two episodes at a time

Much prefer the weekly model

Nathan and popdisaster00 like this.
  24. Yeah, I experience this with Netflix shows all the time. I usually never start them right away and I'm more inclined to watch an episode a day than say binge the whole thing over a weekend

25. The first 3-4 seasons of Family Guy are still really, really good. I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion at all

Garrett L., iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.